Plastic Surgery Information

Lynn B.
on 2/15/12 11:36 am
I just had a consult at Maples Surgical Clinic for my arms.  While there I asked if they knew what I could expect regarding the panniculectomy coverage.  The surgeon said she would write a letter on my behalf to Manitoba Medical to inquire about coverage.  She felt confident it would be covered even though I told her I had heard that you must have rashes, etc and up to this date I had not experienced this.  I will keep you all posted as to the results of this. I am scheduled to have a "Brachioplasty" (removal of my bat wings) on March 21st.  This is not covered by insurance at all but is really important to me as it is so visible.  I will be left with a scar, but I can live with that.  The price tag is $4,400 plus gst.    I also had to pay $100 for my doctor to fill out a pre-op form as Manitoba Medical doesn't cover any of it (normally would have been $40).I am hoping to have the panniculectomy done around Christmas.  I reached my goal at New Year's (6 months after surgery) and hope to maintain my weight for a year prior to the panni surgery.  To have a complete lower body lift, I was quoted $11,500 plus gst less whatever is covered for the panniculectomy (estimate $2000-$4,000). Doubt I will be able to afford the full lift, but thought I would share the information for anyone who was wondering.

notoriousgrannyD
on 2/16/12 2:35 am
VSG on 10/16/12
Excellent news!!!  It's a long way off but definitely on my bucket list!  Thanks for the info

NGD
justlori
on 2/16/12 10:29 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
Keep us posted on the surgery and results.  I'd love to hear how it all goes.

It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
HW 282  CW 229  Height 5'9"  NUT Goal: 195-199  My Goal: 175

Mishyme
on 2/17/12 8:01 am
I guess I might need to look into Mexico....  that sure is expensive.  How bad will the scar be on the arms?  Who is the surgeon?

Thanks for the update

Michelle
Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
Most Active