What a roller coaster ride!

Aprilly
on 3/15/12 3:08 am - Winnipeg, Canada

Yesterday defeated.   Today, on top of the world!!  

I can only imagine what I'm going to feel like on June 18th ~ because I too have a date!!!

Was part of November orientation.   Met with surgeron mid December.   Psychologist & nutritionist in January.   GP for pre-op in February.   Opti-fast has arrived and begin that on June 4th!

Now to meet you folks and get all the information I'll be needing!!

notoriousgrannyD
on 3/15/12 4:41 am
VSG on 10/16/12
Wonderful!!!  very exciting!!  Which surgery are you having done?  Does anyone know if there is only a certain amount of one kind of surgery in a certain timeframe?  or does it have to be even VSGs and RNYs?

You'll be "benched" in no time at all!  Thin by Christmas - you can ask for new clothes - haha

NGD
notoriousgrannyD
on 3/15/12 4:42 am
VSG on 10/16/12
I meant to say "an even number of VSGs and RNYs"   Funny how missing one word screws it up! lol
Kokonut
on 3/15/12 12:55 pm
I believe they have done more RNY's than VSG's. I think it also depends on what the patient wants/needs. I know I was given a choice, I decided that sleeve was best for me :)
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

notoriousgrannyD
on 3/15/12 11:47 pm
VSG on 10/16/12
I know the choice is ultimately up to the patient (unless the surgeon has some valid medical reason for not allowing a certain surgery for a certain patient) but I was wondering if one wait time is longer than the other.  Only wondering because one lady said that her wait time for the RNY was about a month less than for the VSG.  I would have assumed the same instruments would be used in either case ........ I am just wondering  why that would influence  the dates they give us.  Obviously I have too much "wondering" time on my hands..... haha.    Just curious.....
alle
on 3/16/12 2:59 am
RNY on 05/15/12
The information I got was that one of the surgeons has less experience with one of the proceedures and needs to have a second surgeon in attendance but I can't remember whch proceedure it was, I am guessing it was the VSG.  I also got the impression that there were a certain number of dates scheduled for each proceedure and if there are more requests for one then the wait times get longer. 
notoriousgrannyD
on 3/16/12 3:52 am
VSG on 10/16/12
That all makes sense.  Tanks fer de info mon! 

PS.  I am very excited for you and your "date"
alle
on 3/15/12 6:48 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Fantastic.  I was feeling bad yesterday that you hadn't recieved your date yet.  Way to go!

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Madelaine2000
on 3/15/12 10:11 am
Very happy for you!
Kokonut
on 3/15/12 12:57 pm
YAY!!! how awesome is that??? Looking forward to meeting you at the meet and greet, not sure I will make the one this Sunday, but I will for sure be at the April one. :)
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Most Active