Sleeve in Vegas

Daisy68
on 4/15/12 5:13 am - Canada
 Hi all,

I m booked for surgery May 4.12 with Dr, Umbach at Blossom Bariatrics and start my pre-op next week.  I decided since they opened up the criteria in Wpg any my wait t could be a lot longer than expected. Getting a bit nervous now, but looking forward to starting my journey.  Thank you to everyone for sharing information and your personal stories.

Tammy
1crazy_cat_lady
on 4/15/12 7:03 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Good for you! Sending prayers and good thoughts your way :D
Teasha1
on 4/15/12 7:48 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Good for you, keep us posted.  I am thinking of getting it done to, now I just need to muster up the courage.
notoriousgrannyD
on 4/15/12 10:39 am
VSG on 10/16/12
I was wondering how the opening of the criteria would shift everyone in line, I'm so close, it feels like backsliding (but I am also happy for those who didn't make the criteria before)

What is the price like in Vegas?  can it compare to Mexico?  We actually have friends in Vegas so we would hav e a place to stay if we sent that route and Allegiant Air flys so cheap to Vegas.
Daisy68
on 4/15/12 11:50 am - Canada
I called and spoke to Andrea when the forum was talking about the criteria opening and asked her if the people who didn't meet it before would be bumped up in order of when they had been referred and she said it would.  That would move me down on the list which could be as long as 3 yrs.  Don't quote me as gospel, but that is what she had told me about 6 weeks ago.  I was fine with an 18 month wait, but more than that is too long for me as my weight is getting way out of control.

I'm paying 10, 400 cash pay, and using air miles and miles for the hotel.  It's more than Mexico by just a bit.  I know someone (who is also on the board) who had the surgery done by this surgeon and is very pleased and recommended him.  
Karenerickson
on 4/15/12 1:11 pm - Portage La Prairie, Canada
When I spoke to Andrea in Februrary that is what she told me too about people on the waiting list. She said the length of wait would depend on how many of those people on that list were still interesteded in surgery as many may have made other arrangements.
As a person on the waiting list I am hoping that the list isn't too long. I would love to get that phone call soon.

Karen
Most Active