Doctor's appt

1crazy_cat_lady
on 6/5/12 4:06 am - Winnipeg, Canada
So I usually get the lecture about how even though I have several chronic medical conditions I really need to work to deal with them all at the same time vs dealing with my genetic blood disorder or my depression or my diabetes.  Today's lecture?  How proud she is of me for taking control!!  My lifestyle overhaul came after my last appointment so this is me 30 pounds lighter (per her scale...I'll take it!).  Have the requisition for fasting blood work.  I actually can't wait to see the results :) 

Healthy rocks and I haven't even gotten my sleeve yet!

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

justmest
on 6/5/12 5:58 am - Canada
VSG on 05/21/12
 What a great feeling it is to have a dr Praise you! I got the same thing when I went to see my GP for my follow up appointment last week.  

Congrats on your loss before being Sleeved! 

Referal weight 265, surgery date weight 243, ticker is all post op loss so add 22 to ticker loss

Cinnabon
on 6/5/12 7:35 am - Canada
 Good for you! What have you been doing to lose that weight?
1crazy_cat_lady
on 6/5/12 8:25 am - Winnipeg, Canada
My BMI is too high for the MB program and I have been waiting for the criteria to change.  Then it hit me, why wait for the criteria if you can meet the standards half way?  So I checked out these boards, saw what most people were recommended to eat post surgery and implimented it myself.  Now, my calories are around 900-1100 per day but I eat protein first and veggies.  I had initially gone into wanting WLS with the expectation that during the process I would be forced to change my eating habits.  Truth is, I can eat crap any time, even after surgery.  I have to make the conscious effort not to eat the fries, ice cream etc.  So I stopped.  I eat mostly chicken, eggs, ham.  Right now M&M meats is my friend, a lot of their stuffed chicken breasts are less than 300 calories and so I aim to eat 200-300 calories every 3 hrs that I'm awake.  If the scale shows a gain, I don't worry because I know that I'm not eating anything to cause it so it is jus****er retention.

Next step.....exercise :)

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

Madelaine2000
on 6/5/12 8:42 am
You are so inspiring..keep up the great work.

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

Most Active