time flys

tiffany07
on 6/5/12 12:22 pm - Canada
 Words cannot express how crazy I've been lately! My liquid diet starts in a week....which means 3 weeks till surgery!! Work is completly crazy until then..which is probably a good thing because it keeps my mind from running elsewhere...but when im at home im constantly trying to prepare for everything. 
Im nervous about the liquid diet, i know i can do it..im just overthinking it. A girl at my work suggested that i buy 14 little things and at the end of each day open a little present to myself! (i love presents) haha Im very thankful for this website and its so nice to talk and read what people are going through! i really wish i could have made it to the meet and greet, but with work being so hectic and having to work saturdays it didnt work out..
mainly i just want to thank you all, youre all very inspiring to me.

Referall sent out June 2011, Group Meeting Dec 2,2011, Dr Andrew Jan 25,2012, Psych Evaluation March 1st,2012, Dietician April 12,2012Surgery June 26,2012!!  Nutritionist Goal reached 6 months post op!! SW 247 

BCwaiting
on 6/5/12 1:15 pm - Canada
I just went through the 2 weeks of diet and had surgery 1 week ago. I actually found the 2 weeks pre op diet easier than nowafter surgery. I loved the shakes mixed with cold chi tea and ice cubes in a blender. I ended up having an extra glass of tomato juice each day for the first 3 days, then it got easier. KEEP BUSY. Find yourself some jobs to do in the evening after you have your shake just to keep your mind off food. Good luck.
Barb C.

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
Kokonut
on 6/6/12 1:07 am
WHOOHOO! SO close!!!

I overthought it too, turns out I was worried for nothing. I did fine after the 3rd day on liquid. I had headaches for the first few days, then I bumped up my water/crystal light intake and I was fine. I also ate about a can of tuna during each of those weeks. A bite or two a day while I was making supper for the fambam got me through...a "safe" cheat .I know some WLS surgeons use real food pre-op diets, so I perused their menus. LOL I really tried to follow all the diet guidelines closely from start til NOW...I still don't drink and eat at the same time. That's a big one for me! I used to drink 2 -3 glasses of liquid(not milk) with a meal for EVER.  Not a problem...

My treat was after the household went to bed, I stayed up and had my last shake in peace and quiet!!  Simple things for simple minds...

There will be more meet n greets...you will get to one eventually!!
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

alle
on 6/6/12 1:24 am
RNY on 05/15/12
I agree that you can over think it, I know I was starting to.  After the first few days on the liquid diet you get into a rhythm and it's not that bad.  I also think it was easier than it is now post surgery, trying to get in lots of protein and water.  You'll do fine, and take it one day at a time and before you know it your 2 weeks will be done and you'll be on your way to the loser's bench. 

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
tiffany07
on 6/7/12 1:27 pm - Canada
 thanks ladies :) ill be so excited when im on the other end of this saying yay i did it, and it was worth it...i hate the anxious feeling in my stomach :) trying to stay positive!! 
Most Active