the vic

tiffany07
on 6/11/12 8:58 am - Canada
 i start my liquid diet tomorrow... last week i got a voicemail from the vic (as they called while i was working) saying i had an apt at the vic on the 19th (tuesday) and to call back and leave them a voicemail as the return number they gave me is a voicemail. ive left 2 messages and they said they check it every hour....so msg 1 last week and now msg 2 today....i dont know what to do, since they didnt tell me the time of my apt on the 19th? im assuming its with the anestesiologist? haha justs stressing a little bit!! did anyone else have troubles with this?? and what should i expect at this appointment? surgery is june 26!! its happening sooo fast

Referall sent out June 2011, Group Meeting Dec 2,2011, Dr Andrew Jan 25,2012, Psych Evaluation March 1st,2012, Dietician April 12,2012Surgery June 26,2012!!  Nutritionist Goal reached 6 months post op!! SW 247 

justlori
on 6/11/12 10:52 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
Don't fret...just keep leaving messages.  Sooner or later they'll get back to you with the info you need.  At this appointment you will get weighed then meet with a nurse who will explain what to expect from the surgery.  You will then meet with the anestesiologist who will ask you some questions and go over some of your medical history.  After that it's down to the lab to give more blood away for testing.  That's it...very simple. 

It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
HW 282  CW 229  Height 5'9"  NUT Goal: 195-199  My Goal: 175

tiffany07
on 6/11/12 3:44 pm - Canada
 thanks Lori I plan to keep calling until I hear back, thanks for the information. About the appointment! Well worth the wait! Can't wait to be on the lowers bench 

Referall sent out June 2011, Group Meeting Dec 2,2011, Dr Andrew Jan 25,2012, Psych Evaluation March 1st,2012, Dietician April 12,2012Surgery June 26,2012!!  Nutritionist Goal reached 6 months post op!! SW 247 

notoriousgrannyD
on 6/11/12 11:30 pm
VSG on 10/16/12
Does this appt. have to be a week ahead? or can it be like the day before?  I just don't want to have to make a whole extra trip if avoidable.  I wonder if they would let me get my bloodwork here and then just see the anaethetist the day before surgery?  one of my big fears is that after all this, I'll have some kind of chest cold or something and they will cancel me....... I would cry so hard!!!  has this happened to anyone and if so, how long to reschedule (especially after the 2 week opitfast......)

NGD 
. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
alle
on 6/11/12 11:57 pm
RNY on 05/15/12
 My pre op appointment got postponed due to an emergency so mine ended up being on the Friday before a Tuesday surgery.  Didn't seem to be a problem for anyone involved.  They also do the initial admitting forms so that on the day of surgery it goes quickly.  

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Most Active