Frustrated shopping trip

Alvina300
on 7/31/12 2:05 pm - Canada
I went to Grand Forks yesterday and went to Walmart.  I was looking for liquid vitamin and couldn't find a calcium caltrate, it just said calcium wtih vitamin D3 which I'm also suppose to get.  Also looked for unflavored  protein powder but only found chocolate and vanilla.   Landed up going home empty handed

Do you all take liquid vitamins or can you crush the regular kinds.

Thanks
Alvina
tiffany07
on 7/31/12 3:03 pm - Canada
 laura suggested the materna multivitamin and im 5 weeks out and i can take it whole....i was able to swallow a pill a week after surgery. i guess i have to wait till my next dr apt and to see if my blood work is lacking anything but for the time being just materna multi vit!

Referall sent out June 2011, Group Meeting Dec 2,2011, Dr Andrew Jan 25,2012, Psych Evaluation March 1st,2012, Dietician April 12,2012Surgery June 26,2012!!  Nutritionist Goal reached 6 months post op!! SW 247 

alle
on 7/31/12 11:28 pm
RNY on 05/15/12
 We were in Grand Forks on Monday too.  I had parcels to pick up in Pembina and then we decided to go to Grand Forks for supper and some grocery shopping.   I have a liquid multi vitamin but can't drink it,  it's awful.  I was told not to worry too much about getting my vitamins in until I could eat soft foods.  I bought a calcium citrate there called citrical  petites and they are smaller than most but are still the biggest pill I take.  I bought the rest of my vitamins at my local pharmacy.  For a multi vitamin I got Centrum 50+ chewable and they are pretty easy to get down.  

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Tanya W.
on 7/31/12 11:37 pm, edited 7/31/12 11:38 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
You can order non-flavoured protein powder from your pharmacy. It is called BENEPROTEIN. It is about $20 a container.

Tanya

P.S. I didn't worry about vitamins for the first month after surgery & Dr. Vergis said that was ok. After about a month, I could swallow regular pills again.

Linz-loo
on 8/1/12 2:36 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I was in Grand Forks on Monday too...weird.  I found a chewable multivitamin and I found everything else in sublingual.  You can buy the beneprotein at the tache pharmacy in unflavored.
Linz-loo  
Referred May 2011. Group Session January 2012. Surgeons Consult April 2012.
Surgery Date August 2, 2012.
Madelaine2000
on 8/1/12 3:24 am
I found a Life Brand Liquid Calcium with 1000 mg and 400IU of Vit D. Its sugar free and blueberry flavoured..at Shoppers Drug Mart. Im not sure if its exactly what we are supposed to take, I had VSG, but its better than not at all. The pills I originally bought we still to big to swallow even after breaking lpsthem in half..they gave me a pain in my back. Hope that helps

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

BCwaiting
on 8/1/12 8:55 am - Canada
I am 2 months out VSG and I still can't swallow pills so am still taking my chewables. I tried taking a Tylenol the other day and threw it up in about a minute. I take everything chewable. Centrum 50+ Multi vit, Jamieson Vit D., calcium Natural Souce chewable and B12 Natural Factor. I found them all very easy to chew and swallow . I got my unflavored Beneprotein online at well.ca, but you can get it at Tache pharmacy too. If you need any kind of Tylenol for the next month, I suggest trying to find liquid or if they have chewable in that too as they are AWFUL crushed.
Barb C.

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
Snow_White_39
on 8/1/12 12:14 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 04/30/12
If you crush up a Tylenol, put it on a small spoon, and put it at the *back* of your tongue and swallow with liquid, you don't taste it (don't really have much for taste buds way back there). Put it forward on your tongue - gross! Have it widespread all over your tongue instead of a neat little Tylenol pile at the back - yuck! Hope that helps?

Alvina300
on 8/1/12 12:21 pm - Canada
Thanks for all your responses.  I was told to get Calcium citrate, maternal vitamin, Vit D3, so I will try again and thanks for the info on the unflavored protein powder.  Interesting how many of us were at Grand Forks monday.

Alvina
Used2Bthin
on 8/1/12 11:19 pm - Canada
They have a great liquid one that I buy at Costco.  I huge bottle is only 8 bucks and you take 2 table spoons twice a day.  I will take a look for the brand when I get home, but costco usually has really good prices for vitamins.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
Most Active