Miracle Noodles - Thumbs up!

Dianne C.
on 8/31/12 6:18 pm - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12
I was happy to be the tester for all of you who haven't been brave enough to try the Miracle Noodles yet!

The look of them in the package is not very appealing. They smell a little bit when you open the package, but most of that goes away when you rinse them in cold water (as the package recommends). The package says to "blanche" them in a pot of boiling water for just a minute, which I did.

The final outcome -- these have no flavour whatsoever. I had the linguine style ones so the noodles were fairly large. The texture is a *****ewy. I gave my hubby one to try with nothing on it and he said he would actually eat them (although I'd already cooked him regular noodles).

All in all, considering these have no calories (and basically no nutrition whatsoever), they were not bad at all with a stir fry and would probably work in any kind of pasta dish that doesn't have to be cooked. (They apparently get really rubbery if they're cooked. The package says not to freeze them, either.)

The unopened package can be kept in the cupboard, but  the package states "refrigerate after opening". 

The package is very small, so I hope I can find the cheap ones in Superstore in the Asian food section that someone mentioned. (Can't read that while I'm typing this.)

I'd say these are definitely worth a try if you're at the point where you can eat quite a bit and are trying to cut back on calories but still not be hungry (which is where I'm at), want a noodle fix, or if you haven't had surgery and want to cut back on calories.

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

Michelle_2975
on 9/1/12 9:16 am - Canada
Thanks for the info.
Most Active