Anyone for Monday evening?

notoriousgrannyD
on 10/12/12 3:58 am
VSG on 10/16/12
We are booked into the Queen Bee Hotel, which is a stone's throw from the Vic.  A friend stayed here recently and recommended it.  Apparently they have just finished a big reno job and everything is pretty new so that's good and hubby can just walk over and not have to worry about parking, etc.  Also the best medical rate of $87 per night and they have all the usual (micros, fridge and wifi)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be available for a cup of coffee and a visit on Monday?  I was thinking of maybe the Smitty's we met at in May?  It's just up the street and I am pretty sure I can drive there..... lol (country mouse) ..... earlier or later, doesn't matter for me...

getting excited and very nervous......

NGD

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/12 4:35 am
i would meet you>the smittys just south of you is closer.its by the zellars on pembina.i will confirm with you later before monday incase you are not up to it.see you soon.cant wait for you to join us on the losers bench
sondra
notoriousgrannyD
on 10/12/12 5:21 am
VSG on 10/16/12
okay, sounds great!  i didn't know there was a zeller's on Pemina!  yay!  Any other good stores on Pemina?  is there a Popeye's close?  I want to stock up on some more Quest bars, I like them.
alle
on 10/12/12 12:20 pm
RNY on 05/15/12
I would love to but I am in the city in the morning and have a physical in Stonewall in the afternoon so I can't hang out Have fun and good luck on Tuesday, I'll be thinking of you!

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
notoriousgrannyD
on 10/13/12 1:14 pm
VSG on 10/16/12
Well I came home and the Vic had left 3 messages.......I panic.....??cancelled..... No thank god!  They are moving me back to first thing Tuesday instead of the afternoon surgery that they moved me too.  So Yay for that! I am really hoping to only spend one night in the hospital and being done first thing will really improve my chances of going home by Wednesday evening. 

Anyway, I don't think I am going to be able to meet up with anyone on Monday Evening now, My husband really wants to visit with one of his favorite relatives and REALLY wants me to come and that is probably the only night I will feel up to a visit.  BUT if anyone wants to come visit me, I would love that - My full name is Diane Rusk (they probably won't know who grannyD is lol)

Wish me luck!
Karenerickson
on 10/14/12 3:03 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada
Best of luck! Hope everything goes well. I would be happy to be the first then I don't have all day to worry about the what ifs...
Let us know how you are doing!

Karen
BCwaiting
on 10/14/12 10:39 am - Canada
I was just going to reply to say I would probably come for coffee too but there is also a Tim Hortons almost across from the hospital on PEMBINA . If you decide to go again, let me know when and where. If no coffee dates before your surgery, I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery. We booked the next meet and great 2 weeks after your surgery because we thought you may be back in Winnipeg for your 2 weeks follow up with the surgeon. Hope that works out too. Good luck!
Barb C.

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
its-killen-me
on 10/14/12 3:27 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

Good luck Diane.  I still don't think you look old enough to be a granny. LOL  Keep us posted.  Maybe some of us can meet up with you on one of your follow up visits.  Barb

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
notoriousgrannyD
on 10/15/12 6:25 am
VSG on 10/16/12
awwww barb, God Bless ya!  I have been just keeping wrinkles at bay by gaining a couple of pounds here and there, keeps things stretched ...... but alas, not much longer!  I'm already feeling "baggier" from my 2 week liquid diet!  sigh.
bdreger
on 10/15/12 2:47 am

Congrats on your surgery tomorrow Notorious Granny - - - looking forward to hopefully meeeting you someday.

Most Active