Plastics

Michelle_2975
on 10/19/12 1:01 pm - Canada
For those of you that have gotten approved for plastics, how long did you have to wait after your first consult to find out if MB Health has approved you?
Kokonut
on 10/20/12 9:47 am
I've met with a plastic surgeon at Maples surgical centre. I think you have to decide on a surgery date first and then they have to paperwork to be approved for Panni only. NOTHING else is covered. If you want a proper tummy tuck or arms or thighs done, you pay for it all. SO FRICKEN LAME!!

I'm sending my pics to Dr. Sauceda in Mexico and finding out what he can do for the same price I would pay here. Maybe then my hubby can get a holiday while I'm sleeping and healing..LOL
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

justmest
on 10/21/12 4:10 am - Canada
VSG on 05/21/12
I've heard dr ziesman gets all of it covered. It depends I'm the dr and how they fill out the paperwork.
Referal weight 265, surgery date weight 243, ticker is all post op loss so add 22 to ticker loss

rainyone
on 10/21/12 10:12 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I know when people get a breast reduction covered they are offered the liposuction on the sides if they pay. Wouldn't it be awesome to have the panni covered but if you want the muscle part of the tummy tuck you pay for that? I think I would be happy with the panni covered .

I hate my batwings but I know that would be purely cosmetic and not covered. I 'm thinking mexico might be in my future but all in all I would rather have loose skin than skin filled with fat. My DH accepts my body as is and his has flaws from his weight loss as well.  I have an old man bum right now. If I flex the wrinkle are crazy. It made him laugh ( he insisted it wasn't bad- then I tightened and he couldn't help laughing)  I shake my bat wings and my step daughter who is 8 kills her self laughing - Like crying and almost peeing type of crying!  You got to have a sense of humour about these things . lol

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Michelle_2975
on 10/22/12 3:22 am - Canada
I was told that MB health will only pay for the skin removal not the muscle tightening. I will be fionding out how much it will cost.

Your arms sound like my thighs :)
Teener
on 10/25/12 5:22 am, edited 10/25/12 5:23 am - Canada
While my husband was having his VSG with Dr Ponce de Leon, his coordinator Trish (she is absolutely fantastic!) took me to see Dr Javier Garcia at the Providence Clinic.  He pronounced me 'more than ready' to have surgery and told me for my breast/stomach to reside where they used to, it would be $7000.  Before and after pics are phenominal!!
Does anyone know the requirements for MB Health to cover the plastic surgery? 

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/12 5:37 am
for amnitoba health from what i understand you have had to loose 100lbs and kept it off for awhile.it also helps if you are getting sores and or rashes where the extra skin is.as far as i know right now they are only doing pannis but am waiting for my appt to find out more.once i find out then i will see if i have to go to mexico.i will post after my consult what i find out
sondra
jenn1469
on 1/6/15 6:43 am

Did you end up getting your plastic surgery with Javier Garcia in TJ mexico? If so what did you have done and what were the results?

I am getting mine done by him this summer and no one has answered my post about him. Thank you for your time.

Jennifer

Teener
on 10/25/12 7:21 am - Canada
Please let me know when you find out prices, I'm certainly interested.  And if it can be done close to home for around the same price, all the better!
Good luck with your appointment and congrats on your weight loss!
sonjakp
on 1/18/13 1:20 am - douglasville , GA
VSG on 03/30/12

Hello Teener , I'm looking in to Dr Javier Garcia for my TT BL BA  but I can't find no pictures of his work , I talked to Trish but she has been sick and so busy she had no chance of sending me any pictures ..there are not to many reviews out there ..Did you have you're surgery with him if so would it be possible to view his work 

thank you ,

sonja

Most Active