first food

alle
on 10/22/12 9:49 am
RNY on 05/15/12
 Rainyone said it very well,  you're not feeling how much you're eating until it's too late and you're in pain.  You have to eat based on your schedule and weigh and measure and go slowly.  I was given a duo tang folder with a very specific diet and transition times between stages from the dietitian at my pre op visit.  I stuck to broth and cream soups, yogurt, jello mousse puddings that are sugarfree, regular sf jello that I added beneprotein to.  Once I got to pureed foods I added tinned fish with mayo and mushed up pork and beans which I was craving something fierce.  I also have to be careful with eggs they are just starting to sit better with me now except egg salad was ok from about 3 weeks.  Good luck and go slowly and carefully. 

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
notoriousgrannyD
on 10/22/12 1:31 pm
VSG on 10/16/12
mmmmmm egg salad, geez ya had to say it! lol  If my little drinking-the-shake-too-fast episode taught me anything the other day, it was not to get to ****y..... I will be patient. thanks for all your responses, I am learning alot guys.
. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Most Active