Just a check in

canadiancricket
on 11/8/12 9:39 pm - Canada

I got my acceptance letter in January of 2012, but have heard nothing since. Does this sound like a normal wait time or should I call and see?

losingforlife
on 11/8/12 10:39 pm - Canada

I think that is a long wait. I would call and see because the program has been going through changes they may have misplaced your file. 

When you call you usually get voice mail so leave a detailed message saying that you are already accepted and how long you have been waiting.  They don't call people back who are just inquiring about the program.

bdreger
on 11/8/12 11:41 pm

Canadiancricket - can you let me know once you hear something?  I got my acceptance letter in May and was hoping to hear something in the next three months or so about some appointments starting up.  Is that too soon?  Am I being unrealistic?

Step One: Referral Letter:  April 23/12      Step Two:Acceptance Letter: May 24/12   Step Three:  3 Hour Info Session on May 22/13 

canadiancricket
on 11/9/12 1:20 am - Canada

I will post back here as soon as I know anything

candygirl2698
on 11/9/12 9:51 am - Canada

A friend of mine got her acceptance letter in Nov. 2011 and she just squeaked in last week for the group session.  Looks like they have now opened up the criteria as she said there were 4 men there.

Referred Sept/11, Group Orientation June 13/12, Surgery date Nov. 7/12 RNY        
canadiancricket
on 11/9/12 10:45 am - Canada

I called and was told I was "on the list" to call so I should get called for my group session in Dec/January. Then, depending on how well I do with the goals they set for me, surgery could be 8 months to a year after

Madelaine2000
on 11/9/12 8:12 pm

Thanks for the update. I know there are people on here referred in December 2011 and accepted, and they haven't heard a thing at all. This should give them some hope that things are moving along..

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

rainyone
on 11/9/12 11:31 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I thought I was " off the list" since I went to Mexico and let Andrea know that in August. I just got a call from amara asking if I was still interested lol. I'm a may 2011 referral . I'm glad I went to Mexico . They originally said a year , then it was sometime after summer , then fall. I'm glad I have my health back and didn't wait that extra 7 months

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Most Active