Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Alvina300
on 12/16/12 12:46 am - Canada

I just wanted to take a minute to wish all you ladies a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.  I also wanted to thank you guys for your friendship and all the thoughts, prayers, flowers and well wishes during my surgery and after.   It was very difficult but I'm feeling much better.

I am leaving Saturday for Phoenix and coming back Jan 2,2013.  I will sure miss the turkey dressing this year, not to mention the turkey and mashed potatoes.   It has taken till now, to not regret that I couldn't eat a average meal and "mentally" be satisfied with a few bites.  This has been one of the hardest things for me.  I guess I loved food more than I knew.

If anyone has time for coffee this week, I am free every evening except Friday.

I found a pair of new jeans, still with the price tag and thought I would never be able to fit, but they were too big.  I was shocked but pleasantly surprised.   My wardrobe with clothes that fit, is very small.  I am fitting into 18/20  now compared to 24/26, just 3 months ago.

Take care

Alvina

notoriousgrannyD
on 12/16/12 5:12 am
VSG on 10/16/12

So good to hear from you, glad things are finally turning around for you, you have had such a rough go of it.  I hope your trip goes well and we see you, much revived and strong in sprit, in the New Year.  Your story is very important for the newbies, I'm afraid people go into this thinking it's going to be so easy but there are so many things to work around (mind, body and soul) and the possibility of "failing" is real. That everything is great and automatic weight loss is guaranteed.  Stories about struggles are definitely necessary to keep poeple's feet in the ground.

I hope the worst is behind you and the sun shines on you everyday in Phoenix (bring some back if you can lol)  

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Alvina300
on 12/17/12 1:48 am - Canada

Thanks for the encouragement.  You are doing well, 65 pounds, good job!

Alvina

notoriousgrannyD
on 12/17/12 2:21 am
VSG on 10/16/12

thanks Alvina, but that 65 is from my highest weight about a year ago, I had pretty much stayed the same up until Aug. when I went hard at it and lost 15 before my Europe trip (gained a little there, but that was the idea) and lost 15 on the pre op diet.  Initially I did really well post op and then had the longest stall in the world (just when you think it's going hunky dory..... lol) but I seem to back on tract this week with a loss, much to the relief of anyone who has been within earshot.

It is so good to see you posting again, make sure you keep us close ...... they must have internet where you are going?  have a great Christmas!

Alvina300
on 12/17/12 2:57 am - Canada

Ya, it used to be hard not to gain on vacation, but thanks to surgery, I don't think that will be a problem for a while.  How did you enjoy Europe?  I've been twice and enjoyed both times, sooo much to see.

I know I had a stall too and wondered what the heck, only eating 600 calories a day and then all of a sudden I started losing again, thank goodness.  So you haven't had any complications?  Do you bake and make big turkey dinners, tempting snacks, etc.?  I will miss the dressing from the turkey, always my favorite. 

Can I ask you a silly question,  this weekend people commented on my weight loss and how different I must feel.  I can't believe it, but I don't feel any different after losing 75 lbs in total (before and after surgery).  Isn't that crazy?  Do you feel alot different?

Take care

Alvina

notoriousgrannyD
on 12/17/12 4:55 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Sometimes I feel very big (especially during that dam stall) but most times I am able to "feel" smaller ..... I usually am "feeling myself up" alot , love those collar bones poking through and hip bones when I lay down and emerging waistline.  I got to say the skin thing is gross, boobs are waaay down and panni is very floppy so I don't think I am any more attractive, especialy "san clothing"  I am also getting compliments galore, which I like but also make me kind of uncomfortable, not used to them but I am getting better at just saying "Thank you, I feel great"   I do know what you mean though about not feeling smaller, but like I say, it's not a constant thing for me.

And I have made tons of dainties this year which I haven't done in a couple of years, I was a little afraid to do this but I seem to be able to control myself to just tasting for quality control.... ya sleeve!  I have made a few big family meals with all the trimmings since surgery and I make myself a baby plate with a little of everything, fill up quickly and am satisfied.  The need to eat and eat and eat seems to be leaving me (thank god cuz I was an eating machine, lots of closet eating)  I hope you find your balance with the eating and the "need" to eat the way you used to.  The head stuff is harder than I thought it would be for sure. 

Take care Alvina

PS - I don't do bread yet, too scared, not sure if I will until maintenance ..... or chip and dip (mmmmm) 

Dianne C.
on 12/17/12 6:56 am, edited 12/17/12 6:56 am - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

About bread -- I can eat it with absolutely no problems whatsoever and have been able to for months. Surgery was in February and I had a sandwich for the first time at a funeral in April. It is actually easier on my stomach than a lot of other foods have been. I was warned by the nutritionist at OCC in Tijuana that bread would probably cause issues. Definitely not so for me at all.

P.S. Only one slice at a time now instead of four! LOL.

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

notoriousgrannyD
on 12/17/12 8:17 am
VSG on 10/16/12

I could probably eat it but I am thinking I don't want to - yet, I'm really trying to stick to under 40 grams of carbs and the bread stuff is hard on my carb "budget" for each day.  I haven't found anything that I have trouble eating yet, which leaves the field wide open and now I have to make stupid "grown up" choices for my food intake to stay in my ranges booooooo.   Someday I will have lucious bread again...... someday....... 

Michelle_2975
on 12/16/12 7:04 am - Canada

I am glad that you are feeling better and that it is getting easier for you. Merry Christmas :)

Teasha1
on 12/16/12 7:38 am
VSG on 06/04/12

Alvina you have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year to, have fun in Phoenix . I am leaving for Montreal on Wed so won't be able to meet for Coffee before you go.  Hopefully soon into the New Year.  Take good care of yourself.  Lorna

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

Most Active