Fatigue

Choskins
on 3/4/13 12:51 am - Canada
VSG on 12/03/12

Hi All,

Had my VSG Dec 3 2012 - I am down 68 lbs - Went back to work Feb 4 2013 and I have been suffering from fatigue so bad I could cry because I am so tired -I thougt that I just needed to get back in to a routine but I am still so tired -  any one else suffering from fatigue?  Suggestions?

Alvina300
on 3/4/13 2:43 am - Canada

Hi there

I think this is very normal, I had mine on Aug 29 and went back nov 1 part time, and in bed by 8 pm to start with and now still go to bed by 9:30

hang in there

Alvina

TammaT
on 3/4/13 10:04 am - Canada

That is so the norm!! I had my VSG Nov. 13th and took a full month off then went back part time for 2 weeks, then full time after Christmas. I still struggle with it and will often have a nap when I get home from work and can go to sleep no problem at bed time. I was told to up my calories and have some carbs to help as my body wasn't getting enough. Your Iron could be low too (I'm borderline anemic). Call one of the Nutritionists tomorrow and talk to them, they'll help as much as they can. 

Don't forget, you did have major surgery, our bodies are in 'shock' from what it has gone through....it will pass and gradually you'll get your energy back.

Good luck!!!

Referral Oct 31/2011. Group Session May 4/2012. Surgeon Consult Sept 26th, 2012. Surgery Nov 13, 2012. VSG - Dr. C. Andrew, Victoria Hospital. Nut goal 170lbs, personal goal 150lbs. 

Mishyme
on 3/6/13 9:50 am

I so agree with the lack of calories and carbs.  I ate pretzels and dip for a while.  It broke the stalls as well.  Have you had any blood work done?  Perhaps call and get into the clinic for a check up/follow up.

Try eatting shrimps at work, canned flavored tuna(small cans premade)greek yougurt as a dip with pretzels, cheese strings and beef jerky. 

Or don"t do what I do!  I drink Monster Energy Drinks(no calorie,no sugar)

I do not drink booze or Timmy's!!

Mishyme

Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
4-Jane
on 3/6/13 12:16 pm - Canada

I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling 100% yet can you up your vitamins and have your doctor check your levels, and sometimes you just might need to rest more.  I hope with time you feel better and can enjoy your wonderful weight loss..... Congrats

Respectfully Jane
Most Active