Surgery done - whew!

notoriousgrannyD
on 12/2/13 5:04 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Sorry my participation on here has been spotty but I have had all kinds of computer problems, but my laptop is loving city life!  I had my panniculectomy on Friday November 29ty at St. B with Dr. Islur at 10 am.  He wanted me to stay overnight as we are from out of town.  I am so glad he did as I was very very nervous for this, way more than my vsg.  go figure.  I decided to go with the panni instead of the full TT based on $$, well the lack of it lol!  The estimate given to me to up my surgery from panni to TT by the Maples was $5750.00, this was after what the gov. kicked in. and I wouldn't be able to afford that for a couple of years.  I really needed skin bannock taken off my gut as it was interferring with my exercise and skin was getting pretty wonky underneith.

So, it's only been 72 hours but it's looking pretty good.  I can't believe how much it's pulled up my hoochie (TMI, I know, but some girls are interested in this, trust me) I wasn't expecting that but BONUS! lol  I am walking, still have drains in but hopefully tomorrow they can come out.  We have to stay in the city for a week post op so we are at "the Port in the Storm" which is kinda like the Lennox Bell of St. B.  but super nice and comfty!  I would recommend this to anyone who is thinking of it.  Thanks to all my OH friends over the last couple of years, it's been so exciting, frustrating, scary and all in all, a wonderful experience!

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
notoriousgrannyD
on 12/2/13 5:05 am
VSG on 10/16/12

I will try to do some before and afters, I know how important those are for the people just starting out.

goneforgood
on 12/2/13 7:25 am

If you don't mind can you tell me what the panni cost? You can private message at my name is "gone for good." Glad you are feeling well. How long will you be off work? What restrictions do you have? Thanks

notoriousgrannyD
on 12/2/13 9:57 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Hi gone, my panni was covered by mb heath (so free).  I have been documenting skin breakdowns and lower back problems since before surgery.  I am a gym rat and as I lost weight the big floppy bannock that had become my abdomen was causing alot of pain and skin breakdown in my creases.  I had asked at my six month check up about special skin care for under my panni and the surgeon just said she would send me to dr.  islur for a consultation.  two months later I had my consultation and he recommended a full tummy tuck (i gotta say I was surprised as I only thought I was going in for skin care lol) He completed the paperwork for mb health coverage for the panni part and his office submitted it and told me they would get back to if it was approved. They called about 2 weeks later with approval.  Dr islur had told me that to bump up the procedure to a full TT would be $2300 -3000. He did give me a number to call at The Maples for a proper estimate, I did and was told the$5750.00 for the amount of time I would need in the theater.  I also did some estimates for Mexico and quite frankly if I am going to spend that much money, I want a mommy makeover as my boobs are shot all to hell as well.  So I could get in for the panni within a few weeks and decided o go for it...... Maybe it will be all i need.  Lorna and I were talking yesterday about going to mexico within the next couple of years to see Dr seduca (?sp) he comes very well recommended for boobs and maybe more for lorna.  Dr said likes his pts to stay for awhile in the rezort across from his surgical hospital where they come see you everyday.   so you lounge by the pool with the other pts and the husbands amuse themselves. 

Kind of a long and rambly answer! hope it helped a bit

notoriousgrannyD
on 12/2/13 10:01 am
VSG on 10/16/12

And I am taking off 6 weeks for the best possible start.  Restrictions include wearing the binder for 6 weeks (o exercise during that time) and no bathing for two weeks although I will be able to shower once my drains ar out, hopefully tomorrow.

notoriousgrannyD
on 12/2/13 10:04 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Oh, and my weight has been stable at 180 for 5 1/2 months, that's important.  Bmi is around 27

goneforgood
on 12/2/13 12:07 pm

Thanks so much for this info. 

JessicaSmith
on 12/8/13 12:47 am

Hi N.G!

Congrats on your surgery!!! How are you now that its been a few days out?!
Sending you well wishes and thoughts for a speedy recovery!

I was considering buying a binder to wear after my WLS so that the skin isnt as nasty looking. I know celebrities do it after child birth so the tummy stays flat and goes back faster but I wasnt sure if it would help me any. A girl can dream right! :)

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/13 11:12 pm

Hope you made it home safely.how are you feeling.are you wearing the new ones yet

manitobamike
on 12/10/13 3:43 am - Canada
VSG on 12/03/13

Congrats N.G. on your panniculectomy. Get well soon!

Mike

Most Active