Pre-op Support Group Meetings

Relentless
on 6/18/14 7:53 am

Hi, I'm fairly new on the forum and haven't checked in on here for awhile. I'm on the journey to hopefully have surgery this fall. I would love to have the opportunity to be part of a support group where I could meeting with others who are pre-op or post op. Does any such group presently exist or is it only for post-op people?

I don't have any clothes to exchange at this point but would welcome the opportunity to get to know some other members. I value your input.

I recently completed the Craving Change series of 4 sessions that is part of the requirement here in Winnipeg. I really enjoyed having the opportunity to meet some other people in Winnipeg who are also on the journey towards surgery.

Thanks

Tanya W.
on 6/19/14 8:48 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Our meetings have always been open to everyone. Please feel free to join us no matter where you are in your journey.
Relentless
on 6/19/14 8:59 am

Hi, thank you so much for the reply. I would

Love to join in at the meeting. Could you please send me the details of where & when you meet. I will be there with bells on. Lol.

Thanks again for reaching out.

BCwaiting
on 6/22/14 12:18 pm - Canada
Relentless...yes the meet& greets are open to all even if u are just considering surgery and want to speak to others about it. It is just a great group of women who just want to Help others on their journey and pay it forward. Just keep an eye on this website or on Facebook, the WLS- friendly Manitoba site..it is always posted in both places. Barb is currently wondering where people would rather have it..Lois Riel or William Stevenson..just reply to her message also if u plan on attending and u have a preference for location. Even if u don't have clothes to bring. That is ok, there are always more than enough clothes and u can take some home. The last one in April, there were so many left over clothes...I am sure we put at least 10 garbage bage of clothes in the Salvation Army bins outside as we were leaving to go home as no one wanted to take them back home with them. Good Luck.. Barb C

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
Relentless
on 6/22/14 4:46 pm

Hi BCwaiting, thank you very much for replying to my post. I will keep an eye out on here. I'll also look on Facebook and try to find the group.

I'm on way to having surgery, hopefully this fall and would love to connect with the group. Thanks again for the tip and for wishing me luck.

Karenerickson
on 6/22/14 10:09 pm - Portage La Prairie, Canada

if you give me your email I can add you to the one group WLS Friendly Manitoba on fb.   Karen

Relentless
on 6/27/14 9:51 am

My e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks so much for adding me to the list.

Most Active