Changing Surgeons

Bkritty
on 3/28/11 6:03 am
Well it looks like I may be changing surgeons! I misunderstood when Lynn said Dr. Toder was booking for May 10-13...thats when she is booking consultations not surgeries! Because of my school schedule I feel that I need to either postpone surgery all together until next summer (2012)  or go through Dr. Dayhim. I chose to go through Dr. Dayhim and have my consultation with her one week from today....April 4th. Lynn said I should be able to have surgery on May 13th like I had wanted without a  problem. I know that Dr. Dayhim is an extremely competent surgeon and I trust that she wouldn't be a part of the EMMC team if she wasn't....its just I've been planning to go with Dr. Toder from the very beginning and I am trying to adjust my mind to the change. I also would like to come up with some questions to ask of her during the consult and was wondering if anyone can think of any that I should ask specifically of the surgeon? I feel that I have researched everything thoroughly so I'm coming up with nothing!

Kristie

DavidReed
on 3/28/11 10:19 am
 Hey there,

Congratulations on your choice.  :-)  Although I had Dr. Toder, I'm sure that Dr. Dayheim will also give you excellent care!

The questions I might ask, if I had the chance again...

1.  What ELSE can I do to increase my chances of a successful surgery?
2.  What ELSE can I do after surgery to increase my success?
3.  What kinds of exercise and diet would you recommend that I follow in preparation for surgery?
4.  What kinds of exercise would you recommend for me to do in the early weeks after surgery, so I can get back to the active lifestyle as soon as possible post-op

Just a few thoughts I had!

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

Kelly S.
on 3/28/11 10:33 pm
Dr. Dahim also interned with Garth Davis from the show Big Medicine, he had lots of good things to say about her when I met him at an OH event in NY.

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

Jeanine J.
on 3/29/11 10:07 am
What time are you having your surgery? I am having my surgery that same day with the same Surgeon!! EXCITING!!!

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
DavidReed
on 3/29/11 10:55 am
 That's cool!!!  You'll be #1 & #2 on the day, I bet!!!  How cool is that???

ObesityHelps.com  Making friends...For LIFE!!!

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

Bkritty
on 3/30/11 3:16 am
Jeanine,

Im actually having surgery with Dr.Dayhim. I misunderstood when lynn said Dr. Toder was booking for May 13th...she meant booking consults! Because of school I have to have surgery earlier than Dr. Toder can do it or wait until next year. I am meeting with Dr. Dayhim on Monday and assuming everything is a go with her Lynn said she is open for May 13th....Maybe we'll be roomies! :)

Kristie

Jeanine J.
on 3/30/11 10:14 am
Hopefully lol!!! idk if I said this but I am at noon on that day!!! best of luck!

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
Bkritty
on 3/30/11 11:15 am
Hopefully I will have a tenative date on Monday...I'll let you know when I hear. :)

Most Active