One month to go....

Bkritty
on 5/27/11 2:30 am
Good news and bad news...So the good news is I am soooo excited! One month from now I will be on the loser's bench! WOO HOO! I can't believe its almost here! The bad news is I went to the ER today after three days of feeling horrible and thinking it was allergies and I have pneumonia and a middle ear infection! They prescribed Augmentin (which is an antibiotic) and prednisone (steriod). I am so scared this will force my surgery to be rescheduled! Any one have anything like this happen to them? Some Surgeons won't schedule a surgery until you have been off of antibiotics for a month and others don't seem to make a big issue out of it. ugh!

DavidReed
on 5/27/11 11:40 am
Well, I certainly don't want to speak for the surgeon's office (and no one else should either.)  Just remember, it's more important to be healthy and strong when you go to surgery, than it is to get in there on any particular schedule.  

That being said, my feeling is that you should call your surgeon's office (since you will have the same surgeon as me, we know they are easy to work with...strict...but easy to work with...) and talk to her staff.  They are reasonable, and if they feel it's safe to go ahead, I'm sure they will.  If they feel it's best to postpone a week or two, well, then that's really for the best, isn't it?  

One great thing about Dr. Toder...she's no-nonsense.  Her decisions are in YOUR best medical interest (which also happens to be in her best interest...)  That's a great thing.  Mutual teamwork.  

Did you happen to do that today, by chance (just now, noticing you posted at 9:30 this morning!)

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

Most Active