Would you go to Mexico or the US if cost was no issue?

bertgamble2001
on 7/18/14 3:17 am - Willits, CA

I have to decide between the two places.  I will either pay $6500 for my sleeve in Mexico, or $17000 in the USA.  I do not want cost to be the deciding factor, but if the services are the same, I would go with the cheaper one.  Can you guys help me out on this by sharing how you made your decisions?

Thank you

Bert

rsmithtaylor
on 7/18/14 4:01 am
VSG on 06/19/14 with

My decision was based on price and the great outcomes of friends that had had the experience in Mexico. I work in the health care field and have crap for insurance and could not pay the 20k to have the surgery done in the US. I paid 5k went to Mexico and had fabulous results just as my friends had. Yesterday was my 4th week post op and down 30lbs. Good Luck in your decision making and journey.

hollykim
on 7/18/14 4:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I would still go to MX even if money was Jo object. I can't see spending 3 times the amount,if I don't have to.

angel720
on 7/19/14 11:50 am
VSG on 08/06/14

I went with my mom for  her surgery in Mexicali with Dr. Aceves as her support person.   She looked into Mexico because of costs and found this great hospital and dr. Now that I am ready for my sleeve  price is not a considering factor , I am  going because of service and results.  Dr. Aceves is  sadly no longer there but I was very impressed with everyone and everything there  and I have no doubts I will do just as well.   The hospital is way better than any I have been here! 

VSG with  Dr R. Wilhelmy @ Mexicali Bariatric Center

McKenna2005
on 7/21/14 3:03 pm

Cost is not a consideration for me and I am going to Mexico.

Eggface
on 7/28/14 10:48 am - Sunny Southern, CA

My insurance denied me... long story and eventually on appeal it approved me though the wait was 18 months (from approval to surgery date, few bariatric surgeons were in my area at the time) in Mexico I could have scheduled within 2 weeks... needed to get some ducks (and denaro in a row) and so I waited a month but around 16 months post-op as I was returning to Mexico for post -op plastics I remembered that I would just be getting ready to have surgery had I chosen to state stateside. It was the best choice for me.

Of course my 1997 vehicle needs to last forever but I have no regrets... the care was better than I have had in the states.

Best wishes in your weight loss surgery wherever you end up having it! 

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 308 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 492 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1090 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?