Spoke with Dr. Ramos Kelly, and made the decision

bertgamble2001
on 7/19/14 2:01 am - Willits, CA

I just got off the phone with Dr. Kelly, and I could not have been more impressed.  I have decided to proceed with the VSG, and have him as my surgeon.  I have opted for the Angeles hospital, and have picked 18 September as the date for the operation.

I am very excited to be so close to beginning my new life.

If anyone has any experiences that either reinforce, or contradict my decisions, please speak your mind. 

Bert

NicAnn89
on 7/19/14 2:42 am, edited 7/19/14 2:54 am

Ah. I just missed his call. I first talked to heath townson and he spent time i need to ask a million questions it seems.I can't wait to talk to dr. Kelly and see if I can get time off of work.  Which I hope to get approved around that same week as you so I can make it a birthday present. Are you nervous at all? I feel nervous and excited that there is a chance for a new beginning. I hope your surgery goes well :)

bertgamble2001
on 7/19/14 4:18 am - Willits, CA

I am nervous, but excited too.  I can't believe that I am going to request that someone cut out most of my stomach.  Of course, I am confident that it will be very good for my health.

I liked how the doctor explained his personal method for ensuring there was no leakage from the staples.  It made sense to me, and now I feel better about it.

Good luck with yours as well.

Bert

NicAnn89
on 7/19/14 4:32 am

Yes I did like how it was closed up because you hear almost horror stories about leakage. and Thank you =]

llLou
on 7/19/14 3:14 am - Halifax NS, Canada

Excellent decision! If you have any questions message me. I had a VSG done Nov. 2012 with Dr. Kelly.  Linda

hkemp99
on 8/6/14 8:36 am

I am considering using Dr. Ramos Kelly. Do you recommend him? Thank you! 

hollykim
on 7/19/14 6:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

while I did not use dr Kelly ,I have had two Wls,dental implants and a huge round of plastics in MX. Every one of my experiences was totally acceptable.

be sure you have a Pcp or someone on board,in your home town,to cover you after your return. Hopefully there will be not big problems,but you still need someone willing to care for you even for small things.

GL

AlohaAll
on 8/7/14 4:13 pm

I was also very impressed by his phone-side manner! I've seen nothing but good reviews on him, so I think you're in good hands.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 308 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 492 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1090 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1661 views