Healthcare Elsewhere...an amazing journey!!!

zmdh39
on 7/25/14 1:28 am, edited 7/25/14 1:31 am

I was recently interviewed about my journey of having the VSG surgery in Tijuana, Mexico with Dr. Sergio Quinones. I apologize a head of time for my heavy Southern accent, and my repetitive "uhms" I have never been interviewed before, and needless to say I was nervous. I hope that the information that I talk about will help someone out there that is just getting start with either their research or their journey themselves. If you listen to the show, please let me know what you think.

To listen to the show just follow this link. Scroll down until you see the play button: http://healthcareelsewhere.com/2014/06/27/058-melanie-attrib uted-her-weight-loss-to-gastric-sleeve-surgery-in-tijuana-me xico/

Gambian_Princess
on 8/2/14 1:00 am - Lithonia, GA

Great job on your interview Melanie! I've been researching VSG over the past year and am now researching to choose the best surgeon for my needs. You shared some valuable and informative information that will help me continue to find the best surgeon for me. My story is similar to yours as I live in Georgia and am a IT Independent Contractor, so if you ever need help on a project, I'm your girl. I also don't have the typical comorbidities but I do have idiopathic intercranial hypertension that may lead to blindness if not maintained by medicine or weight loss. This is my MAIN concern since it is idiopathic and doctors don't know what causes it, I'm just nervous about any complications with the actual surgery. I'm looking for other people with this diagnosis that have had weight loss surgery. Thank you for sharing your experience.

zmdh39
on 10/29/14 7:18 am

Sorry for the late response, I am definitely interested in IT's that have experience with wls, I love my team, but your a-typical techie is not usually experience in both. I have never heard of your comorbity, but I am glad you have found the info helpful. I think understanding as much as we can oh what made us obese is key in conquering it. Feel free to message me, if you have any questions. I am happy to share my experience with anyone, and love the input of others.

shaelya
on 10/28/14 1:07 pm - Westfield, IN

I think you did great in your interview, and it really gave me a lot of good and reassuring information!

zmdh39
on 10/29/14 7:21 am

Glad you have found it useful. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I just celebrated my 2 year anniversary from surgery, it has been a long road, but I am happy to help those just starting with what I have learned along the way Shaelya.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 322 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 504 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1674 views