Michigan RNY patient from 7/19/05 seeking some friends & support...

S W.
on 1/6/06 1:40 pm - MI
Hi, I'm a 46 swf, who underwent open RNY in July 2005. I also have a father dying of stage 4 cancer, and my family has not been very supportive of me and the surgery. I have had to basically do this on my own. There is a support group in the town (Mount Pleasant) but I work nights (2nd) and cannot attend them. I am almost 6 months post op, I have lost 71 lbs to date, and am about 38 pounds from my goal weight in the 130's. I could use some new friends. Thank you
jani204
on 1/6/06 9:49 pm - Muskegon, MI
Hi Stacey. It's nice to meet you. 71 lbs. is amazing. I have had open rny surgery August 22, 05.I have only lost 51 lbs. so far I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I lost my sister to ovarian cancer 2 yrs. ago. She really put up a fight. Thanks for posting. If you ever need someone to listen please post to me. Jan Camara in Muskegon
CherylA30
on 1/6/06 9:59 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
Welcome to the Michigan board Stacey!!! You've got lot's of friends here!!! Everyone is SO supportive and full of information and experiences to share with you at any time!!! Congratulations on your weight loss...sounds like things are going well for you there!!! ((((((HUGS))))) for you...it's not easy to watch a loved one dying!!! Hugs, Cheryl 260/197/130
Cheryl Barrett
on 1/6/06 10:49 pm - Redford, MI
Stacey, Well, sweetheart, you have come to the right place. This has got to be the friendliest and most supportive board on OH. Any time you need to talk or vent just post here. I am sure you will get lots of what you need from us. Hugs, Cheryl
spelcstr
on 1/6/06 11:06 pm
DS on 03/05/15
Hi Stacey, I live in Alma and work in Mt. Pleasant. I work days, but if you would like to have lunch sometime this weekend to just talk, I am free this afternoon and all day tomorrow. I have a membership up at Wellness Central, near the CMU football field. I was hoping to get up there Sunday morning (would have to check hours of operation), but if you would like to workout with me and another friend, a guest pass is only $5 for the day. My grandpa died of cancer just before Christmas, he was struggling and miserable for so long. I was not as close to my grandpa as you probably are to your father, but I do know where you are coming from. Send me an email if you would like to talk outside of computerland, Dorothy
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 11:18 pm - Midland, MI
HI STACY... Welcome aboard! I had my WLS a little bit after you in September 2005 and live not so far away from you... Just a hop skip and a jump down M-20. Congrats on the weight loss.. keep up the great work! I can only begin to imagine how difficult it must be for you to not feel supported by your family while also dealing with your fathers illness. If you'd ever like to get together for coffe or lunch or something let me know....My schedule is tied to my kids but I do get out once in a while! Best Wishes! Erin
brendayaya1
on 1/7/06 12:07 am - Gwinn, MI
I live in the UP and had my surgery in July, 2004 at Hurley in Flint. How are you feeling physically? Are you getting daily exercise? It's really important and can make all the difference in your success. Brenda
Annette L.
on 1/7/06 12:09 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Hiu Stacey, Welcome to the Michigan board. Where you will find friends pretty quickly. Congratulations on you weight loss. We are here to offer our support. We are a good bunch of people that you will come to know and love. I'm sorry to hear about your father. It's a hard thing to have to go through. You and your family are in my prayers. God bless you, Annette
Sheryl
on 1/7/06 12:10 am - Kalamazoo Area, MI
Welcome Stacey! You've absolutely come to the right place! This isn't just a forum board, it's a true family. Everyone here is wonderful, full of support and knowledge. Feel free to jump in anywhere, anytime. No matter the hour, there is almost always someone here to lend a shoulder and/or cheer you on. Sheryl In the Zoo
S W.
on 1/7/06 4:52 am - MI
Thanks so much for all your words.....I'm in shock! I didn't realize that there were so many people from Michigan just within a hop, skip, and jump to my home town. I appreciate all your words and kind thoughts on my father. His latest update is that his blood count is "dangerously low" according to my Mom, and that he is in dire need of a blood transfusion. Low is considered 13, and he is at 8.5. However he is so weak, they are not sure he can handle two pints at a time. Please remember him in your thoughts and prayers. I myself and enjoying a three day weekend, and though I work at CMU, I also begin a class Monday ..........CPS 110. (Intro to Computer Programming). This is for my job. So my fingers are crossed that I do well. It's been 1988 since I was in college, I already have a degree, just need some programming skills. Again, my sincerest thanks to all of you......you've made my weekend so much brighter.
Most Active
Recent Topics