Got A Funny Story!

deborah wiegand
on 1/6/06 10:38 pm - Macomb, MI
This past week I got a sinus infection. It was so bad that I lost my voice. Went to the PCP. First time I saw him since WLS. I don't know who was more excited me or him. Any who, I told him I had a sinus infection and needed something. He suggested a Z-pack. I said no way, Pills are to big for me right now. So he gave me the kids amoxicillin. You know that bubble gum flavor. I can't tell you how many times I would tell one of my boys just take it, it doesn't taste bad. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, as I took my first dose, I measured out the 2tsp and put it in my mouth. Without thinking I said to myself, ewe that taste like **** The RADAR ears were on, My oldest Christopher(9) yells back: Mom I thought you said that taste sooooooooo good. See we've always told you it taste like SH_T. Monkey say,monkey do. They have amazing hearing range when they want to!!
PATT
on 1/6/06 11:18 pm - Durand, MI
Love it! Reminds of the time my cousins and I we were "walking beans" on my uncle's farm field in Chatham, Ontario. It was a very hot day and we were pre-pubescent teens who wanted to do nothing more that NOT work and instead lay out in the sun and work on our tans. My grandfather who wore a hearing aid and for all intents & purposes was considered deaf was working one of those old tractors with no enclosure and had his back to us all AND was way at the other side of the field. So we 4 girls were chatting up a storm about everything and anything to take our minds off of work when my one cousin said "Maybe would could go get our bathing suits on and still work in the field while also working on our tans" (ingenious wasn't she?- LOL) Well much to our surprise and chagrin grandpa had just stopped the tractor and the wind must have been blowing in the right direction or something because he shouted out "MARY MARGARET DILLON I WILL HEAR OF NO SUCH THING!" After that we whispered. LOL And to this day, some 35+ years later, we still giggle about it.
Most Active
Recent Topics