Update from Michele P

Michele P
on 1/7/06 9:56 am
Ok - after I frightened my family and dragged my husband across state Friday - the answer was not a seroma and nothing horrible at all. The surgeon had a look, said it looked great and as a matter of fact - the new pains I was having were a result of the nerves healing back together and totally normal. DUH! After apologizing to my husband- we both thought about my Dad. He'd watched my daughter before school and was picking both my daughter and my toddler up after school. Now for most grandparents, no big deal. Not for my dad. Athough he didn't need to go more than 4 miles from home, has all the kid friendly food in the world in the grandchild pantry stocked by my Mom, and playrooms on both levels of the house also installed by Mom- he was not at all happy. I had to start crying for him to agree to do it with Mom out of pocket for the day. Why? Because my dad hates children. He freely admits it. He just can't stand any of them - too noisy, too messy, and they don't automatically do as ordered. He's an equal opportunity hater - he can't stand my nephew either. He clearly came with a gene that says love my wife and my own children and to H*ll with anyone elses. So - on the one hand we knew he would be overjoyed there was nothing seriously wrong with me. On the other we knew he would be mad because he had the kids for no compelling reason. And you know what? I laughed so hard I had the worst nerve pains. I've been extra sleepy today so I'm trying to get more catnaps in. Thanks for all the kind wishes and I'm glad to report I'm just a worrywart. Oh - and one WLS moment - down 10 lbs from surgery day in one week. My BMI is now one measly .1 of a point away from leaving the super morbidly obese category. Yee Haw! Thats a great reason for two walks tomorrow. Best, Michele P
Annette L.
on 1/7/06 12:52 pm - Farmington Hills , MI
Hey Michele, Glad to hear everything was fine. It's better to be safe than to be sorry. God bless you, Annette
misty
on 1/7/06 11:14 pm - Allen Park, MI
Hey Michele, I have been looking for you to post. I went to the Dr. yesterday and he said the same thing your Dr. said. He also told me that he didn't cut my muscles and they pull them to the side when they are in there doing the surgey so they are going to be sore from being streched. I was really glad to have that answer. I really was scared it was a hernia. Well good luck and i'm glad we both got good news and hopfully our pain will go soon. Misty
Theresa W.
on 1/8/06 12:22 am - Northern Lower, MI
Hi Michele! Glad to hear it was nothing bad! I have to say, your posts always crack me up! My Dad loved all of the grandchildren, but didn't like if you LEFT them with him! "There's a reason why God gives kids to young people!!" That was his favorite saying. Hang in there...you'll feel better each day! Also, congrats on the 10 lb. loss!!!! Look forward to the lbs flying off from here on out! Hugs, Theresa
Most Active
Recent Topics