Question for post-op RNY's....

Beth Hand (was
Gothro)

on 1/7/06 2:31 pm - Fowlerville, MI
Is my stomach/pouch/intestines supposed to gurgle right after I'm eating? Doesn't seem to matter what I eat, whether a protein drink, or scrambled eggs, or cottage cheese, etc., it just always gurgles. And my old stomach is growling like crazy, makes me think I need to eat when I really don't feel like it! Will it ever stop?? Luckily I haven't dumped yet, or vomited. I've been very careful to follow my "pouch rules" and eat what I'm supposed to (pureed food mmmmmm****ep my drinking separate from eating by 30 minutes. Is this all normal? Thanks! Beth
Annette L.
on 1/7/06 9:23 pm - Farmington Hills , MI
Good Morning Beth, My stomach/pouch/intestines have never made such a fuss with noise in my entire life, untill I had this surgery! It sounds like a full band playing in there. There is alo so much movement, sometimes it feels like a baby kicking around inside. I don't know how long it will last. I'm sure someone out there may be able to tell us. I also stick to the program. I only dumped once on what I thought was a safe food~cashews of all things. God bless you, Annette
Beth Hand (was
Gothro)

on 1/8/06 12:57 am - Fowlerville, MI
I hear ya, Annette! I'm just waiting for the first time I'm out in public and it does that!! Sorry about the cashew dump... hope you're all better now. Beth
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/06 10:45 pm - Oak park, MI
I am not sure of the time frame, but the gurgling certainly does go away. It is very normal in the beginning.
Beth Hand (was
Gothro)

on 1/8/06 12:39 am - Fowlerville, MI
Thanks Terri! I kinda figured it was since there was no pain involved at all. Wanted to be sure just the same. Beth
psj
on 1/8/06 4:41 am - Moran, MI
Well Beth, I am just over 2 years (27 months) out and I still have the gurgles. Sometimes on Sunday morning, I will run the sound system at our church & my hubby can hear me up front. We do have a small church but that would be like hearing it in the next room of a house. I get really embarassed sometimes, but mostly it gets to be funny. It doesn't much matter what I eat either. It doesn't hurt so I just put up with it. Not sure there is anything we can do about it. Peggy
Beth
on 1/8/06 9:17 am - Ionia, MI
Hi Beth, My name is Beth, also!! I am a little over 2 years out as well and my stomach has always gurgled ever since I had the surgery. It will do it even if I have just drank water sometimes. It doesn't seem to matter what I put in there. Just try to keep your humor about it, it is kind of funny, and yes sometimes embarrassing but nothing you can do about it as far as I know. It doesn't seem to be or cause a problem otherwise. Take care and God Bless. Beth
Beth Hand (was
Gothro)

on 1/8/06 11:28 pm - Fowlerville, MI
Thanks, Beth and everyone else! I didnt' think it was a problem, but I wanted to be sure. It's one of those things they don't tell you before hand... "You're stomach(s) may make a lot of noise and growl and stuff, but it's normal." Good to know I'm not alone though! Beth
Jeani
on 1/8/06 9:49 am - West Branch, MI
Beth, my sister will be 3 years out in April and her stomach's (both of them ) still growl up a storm.... Jeani V
Most Active
Recent Topics