Mixed Emotions....

RhondaShoemaker
on 1/8/06 8:47 pm - Shelby Township, MI
Well, my Aunt Oleda called Saturday night and told my mom that my cousin Brenda was going to have lap-band surgery today. Mom assured me that she did not say anything to my aunt regarding my surgery, but she could tell my aunt was quite worried. I said that I would talk to her on Sunday, which I did. Mom told her first and my aunt said "well, don't you know how to keep a secret!" (Mind you, it's been 4 months now) I'm not sure if I was really ready to tell any other family members just yet. I mean I just told my two best friends right before Christmas. I think alot of it has to do with the reaction people had when my other cousin had it - that she was being selfish, swore my Aunt Lynn to not say anything (including her sisters). Her dad is dead, so no one knew where my aunt was for a few days. I guess I just didn't want the aggervation. My dad knew EXACTLY where my mom was! Just had to get on my soap box...I don't know if Brenda knows about this board or not....but I can tell you that I'm happy that Brenda is having something done!
Most Active
Recent Topics