Saw my new PCP today

ColleenJ
on 1/9/06 7:34 am - Dearborn Heights, MI
We had a good visit. She is very supportive, but admitted that she didn't use to be an advocate of this surgery. She said she changed her mind, however, when she became involved with the program and read up on the research and success rates. Anyway, she said Im definitely a good candidate and thought I would do well since Ive already been working at diet and behavior modification and have done extensive research. Her only concern is that HAP may deny me because even though I have been on a "diet" and seeing my doctor regularly, it wasn't a "supervised" attempt at weight loss. She said generally they only accept Weigh****chers, WOW (HFHs program) or Jenny Craig as being medically supervised. However, she said I had a lot of documentation (I gave her a 20 year history of all my weight loss attempts/exercise/gym memberships) and she thought that just maybe HAP would be satisfied with that information. I sure hope so. I will jump the hoops, but Id really rather just get an easy approval. The doctor said she should have my referral request letter written and documentation submitted by the end of this week. She told me we should hear something within 2-3 weeks, as HAP usually takes about a week to review the case. So, if you are a praying person, I would really appreciate it if you would pray for me to be approved. I can use all the extra prayer I can get. Im so ready to make this happen and I am just sick of "dieting" because Ive been "dieting" since I was 15 and Ive dieted myself up to 279 pounds (which is down from my highest of 284, but my home scale says 277, which is a loss of 7 pounds).
Annette L.
on 1/9/06 8:35 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Hi colleen, Glad to hear it went well with Dr V. today. As you know I am a praying person, and will keep you in my prayers for a speedy, no hassle approval. Best wishes to you. God bless you, Annette
ColleenJ
on 1/9/06 9:02 am - Dearborn Heights, MI
Thank you, Annette.
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/06 8:48 am - Roseville, MI
Congrats on the weight loss. Plus I am one of those believers that having a good PCP is vital. I personally love my PCP and tell everyone I know about him. Although his practice is getting much to big for his britches. I still love him. I am so glad you feel comfortable with her. Suzanne 300/160/150
ColleenJ
on 1/9/06 9:04 am - Dearborn Heights, MI
I agree Suzanne. I think you do have to have a good advocate in your PCP. She sounded as if she would do everything she could to get me approved without me having to bend over backwards for the insurance company.
kimberwhit66
on 1/9/06 12:11 pm - Davison, MI
That's good news Colleen! Looks like we are in the same boat and rowing in the same direction. I go back to my new PCP on Wed. for an EKG and one other test, I can't remember..but she wanted to make sure we had all the tests required before submitting to HAP, so as long as they don't find anything wrong she will submit my paperwork this week as well. I would love an easy approval too. It makes such a difference to have a supportive Doctor in your corner. Let's just keep praying each other through this and I'm sure it will all work out. I share the same feelings you have about dieting and I'm at my heaviest ever thanks to all that "healthy living".. lol Better days ahead, Colleen. God wants us to be happy AND healthy!!! God Bless! Kim
ColleenJ
on 1/9/06 1:01 pm - Dearborn Heights, MI
I truly believe that, Kim. But a few extra prayer partners can't hurt. I was kind of surprised that she didn't suggest any other tests at this point, but I don't think she felt a sleep study would reveal anything after talking to me about my sleep habits. She did do blood work today, just the usual stuff, chemistry, blood count, hgbA1c...nothing unusual. She is the same doctor I would have to see for medical clearance, so maybe she felt more tests weren't necessary just yet. I just pray that she writes the best letter possible. We can row in the same boat if you'd like, it might save some wear and tear. I'll keep you in my prayers as well. God Bless!
browneyedgirl
on 1/10/06 12:08 am - Lincoln Park, MI
I think if your Dr was documenting Obesity as one of your reasons for seeing him it should count. I know my doctor always puts under diagnosis (sp) Obesity, depression, joint pain as a reason for seeing him. I had no problem getting approved, but I don't have HAP insurance. Good Luck. I am a praying person & my thoughts & prayers are w/ you.
ColleenJ
on 1/10/06 3:10 am - Dearborn Heights, MI
The question is, how well did she document it. Im worried my former PCP, who was not WLS supportive, may not have kept the best records in terms of my weight and diet discussions.
Most Active
Recent Topics