New here

Laurie A.
on 7/20/12 11:38 am
RNY on 08/21/12
Hi everyone! My name is Laurie and I am new on this board. I am having surgery Aug 21 at Hurley and am getting very excited for this new journey I will be on. Getting a little nervous also! Has anyone else had Dr. Kralovich and had to use their pre-surgery kit? I am concerned about the flavor of the items given. Also, anyone have experience at Hurley, is it possible to get a private room?? I work in a hospital and I know what it's like to get a bad roomie! lol.

Laurie
The Lord will not give me more than I can handle! Through Him, all things are possible!!        
pineview01
on 7/20/12 3:26 pm - Davison, MI
My daughter and sister had Dr. Kralovich.  He is very nice.  I delt with him also as Dr Wagner doesn't spend much time at the center.  I had the band and yes I used the pre-surgery kit.  It had changed for the better for my DD & Sis.  I guess they listend to our complaints some.

I thought the flavor was not so good than I tried all the others and realized the are really about the best.  I still by them along with EAS.

All three of us ended up in the burn unit as that is what they use unless their isn't any room.  My sister had a good roomie.  She was a beriatric patient.  My poor DD had the roomie from hell.  My roomie was really bad also.  She had gotten a band too but, hadn't done any pre-op education.  She never walked, even to go to the bathroom.  When the gas caused shoulder pain, she carried on like she was having a heart attach and even thru herself on my bed.  They had to treat her as if she was(even though she checked out OK, duh).  She moaned all night before that and what little was left of the night..

They took me for the swallow test in her place as she was still acting like she was dying.  I was on my way home and was sure to be staying as she still wouldn't get up.

Hopefully they won't be filled up.  My Sis had the room to herself the first night and the good roomie the second day.

Good luck with your surgery. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Steve D.
on 7/21/12 4:18 am - MI
RNY on 11/05/12
Congratulations Laurie!
I wish you all the best on your journey.
Keep us informed of how things are going for you, we pre ops need all the info and support we can get.
Most Active
Recent Topics