update, if anyone is reading. Because I have not had the surgery yet I mainly read the...

Bubbles314
on 6/21/14 7:23 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi just a quick update if anyone reads this site.  I was suppose to see my Doctor the beginning of June, to set my surgery date .  I got a phone call to change my appt to August 14th.  My Doctor was in a car accident, he will be ok but needed several weeks off (10).  He is the only one in the practice that does surgery.  I am sorry for his misfortune and am glad he is not hurt to badly.  I am disappointed because I am ready for the surgery asap.  I know it will all work out the way it is suppose to. 

Thanks for listening, I am being patient as well as asking about other Bariatric Clinics.  I believe they have 2 in Kalamazoo one at each hospital.  Keeping my options open.

dale

Jody ***
on 6/23/14 6:09 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

wow - glad he was ok!  What Doctor/office are you getting your surgery done through?  You're right in keeping your options open, but it probably will take less time to wait until August than to go through another office and perhaps they'll have different rules/qualifications, even if your insurance transfers.

Good luck!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Bubbles314
on 6/23/14 10:38 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi Jody

I live in Kalamazoo (southwest MI) but you probably know where it is.  I am going to Bronson Methodist Hospital, Dr Kibwe Weaver.  Bronson HealthCare Midwest Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery.

I know I am going to wait for Dr Weaver to recover.  I know they only have one surgeon at Bronson now, that does this type of surgery, and could add more if they had a demand for it I suppose.  I really liked Dr Weaver medically speaking.  He spoke clear and told me I should have RNY and why, he had read my lengthy medical folder.  I am going to ask about DS.  He did not try to talk me into it but answered all the questions I had on my pad and I felt I could make a good decision.  He also suggested OH.com  I thought about the insurance to. thanks for the tip

Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo also has a Bariatric Center.  I was told both hospitals offer support groups and many people go to both.  I plan to go to both, but at the moment I have only gone to Bronson support groups and they were ok.  People were talking and very informative. 

Were you looking for a Bariatric center?  Best of luck and feel free to keep in touch, I check here often.  What happened to this site years ago?

dale

Donna H.
on 6/25/14 7:54 am - MI
VSG on 08/04/14

Sorry to hear about your surgeon, but I'm glad he's ok. Hopefully July will pass by quickly for you and you'll be at your appt before you know it!

5'6" ConsultW: 312.4 (3/29/14) VSG w/ Dr. K Krause: 287.4 (8/4/14) 

Pre-op: -25 M1: -16.8 M2: -10.8 M3: -14.4 M4: -7.3

artist4life92768
on 7/1/14 1:16 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 01/05/15

Hi Yall!

I am currently going through the Bronson/Borgess program. I had the info meeting on June 2nd, my first appt. with Dr. Verseman on the 19th, and am already scheduled for an UGI and psych appt. It is going more quickly than I thought it would and am ready mentally ready for it now! I felt very welcomed by Dr. Verseman and his staff is AWESOME!!! One is even a former/current patient of his and she is an angel!

Donna H.
on 7/1/14 8:19 am - MI
VSG on 08/04/14

Glad to hear things are moving forward for you. That's the one nice thing about having so many appts - they seem to make time pass by more quickly. :-)

5'6" ConsultW: 312.4 (3/29/14) VSG w/ Dr. K Krause: 287.4 (8/4/14) 

Pre-op: -25 M1: -16.8 M2: -10.8 M3: -14.4 M4: -7.3

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/14 9:41 am, edited 8/11/14 9:42 am

Dr. Weaver is also my surgeon, and I am working on requirements. I have completed 2 months of the supervised weight management forms with my PCP.

Bubbles314
on 8/13/14 9:35 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi dreamy_09

It is nice that you responded I was sure Dr Weaver had other patients but posting here I have only found one, you.  I see the Doc tomorrow and I am hoping we set up a surgery date.  I did the requirements up to the dietition pre/post op, Cardiologist, etc. I think I should be ok.  Dr Weaver seemed very knowledgeable at my first appt.  and tomorrow I have  list of questions for him like what is your leak rate?,mortality rate, success rate (you get the picture).  I was hoping for more information about him.

Do you know anyone that has had surgery from Dr Weaver?  I don't. 

I have gone to some of the support groups at
Bronson.  They are ok.

I will drop a line tomorrow  after my appt.

Dawn ..
on 7/20/14 10:20 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Hi Bubbles, sorry to hear about your doctor but glad he is OK. I live about 30 miles west of Kalamazoo. I have been a member of OH for quite some time but just now found the Michigan forum (duhhhh).

I am having my surgery done in Niles, Michigan and I am in the program through Lakeland Regional Healthcare. My doctor's name is Michael Schuhknect. He not only performs the surgery, but I have heard that he teaches it to other doctors. I am totally happy with their weight loss clinic. The last of my 6-month program requirement appointments is this coming Wednesday, July 23 and I will hopefully get approval from the insurance company and a date set shortly after that.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

Most Active
Recent Topics