on 4/10/09 2:22 am
winking_smiley_very_large.gif image by djqworld

Flying Spagetti Monster

"Doubt everything.  Find your own light."
--
Last words of Gautama Buddha, in Theravada tradition

colene
on 4/9/09 3:48 pm
WOW.....talk about misinformation.  You should be ashamed of yourself....and to think you consider yourself a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL....I am 7 years post op.....yes I had the BPD/DS....I have had NO complications due to my DS unless you consider the cure of diabetes-high blood pressure-sleep apnea-joint pain and many other weight related issues a complication.  As to smell issues.....that is utterly rediculous.  None of those of us whom have had the BPD/DS have smell issues.  Where on earth does the lab work every 3 months come from????    I do annual labs...as do many of the other WLS procedure patients.  You should properly educate yourself on the DS prior to making MEDICAL COMMENTS regaurding something you obviously have no knowledge of....
colene
on 4/9/09 3:51 pm
Please feel free to join us on the DS forum and do some research.....I am 7 years post op and have none of the issues that this doctor mentions nor have I heard anyone else have them....do some research and be your own best advocate.....
L. Rios
on 4/9/09 10:57 pm - Springfield, MO
I do see one thing the DS does, it must make people rude.  Shame on you people for calling names GROW UP!  Its one thing to correct misinformation its another to act like total jerks.  What a joke!
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/09 12:03 am - San Jose, CA
Apparently the RNY makes people incapable of understanding English.  There is no name calling above, there is calling out of reprehensible BEHAVIOR.  You should learn the difference -- maybe up your B vitamins, if this is difficult for you.
danas
on 4/10/09 12:28 am - CA
Seriously lady?? There's someone on here claiming to be a Dr. stating unethical lies & your worried about a little name calling? Get off your high horse.
Won against big bad (SoCal) Kaiser for a Duodenal Switch  Haven't heard of DS? Kaiser wants it that way. Come on over & read the truth
Hit goal (Normal BMI) on 2-10-11!    I LOVE my DS!!
My approval process timeline:
02/12/09 - Dr. refused to refer me for WLS
03/03/09 - Vented/whined about it on another board, planned to just wait until next year & switch plans
Let's see what happens!  **updates in blog**
"Just Elizabeth "
on 4/10/09 1:59 am - Houston, TX
I do see one thing the DS does, it must make people rude.  Shame on you people for calling names GROW UP!  Its one thing to correct misinformation its another to act like total jerks.  What a joke!

Lady, and I use the term loosely, if some jackass was on here spouting out and out lies about the RNY you would probably be the first one to step up and correct him. And if that supposed "medical professional" used all the terms, descriptions and ideas of the lapband and stated, as if they were fact, that this was how the RNY was you would be upset. Also, to then add completely made up bull**** to scare people out of a procedure that may be the best option for them is beyond reprehensible.

Don't like the language? Too damn bad. This is the real world. Why don't you grow up.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/09 2:24 am, edited 4/11/09 2:25 am - MO
Precisely because the Missouri Board is a MAJOR CHRISTIAN CLIQUE.  Most of us in Missouri, while we can even guarantee we are Christians rarely participate in the board.  We get our religion elsewhere.  It's a MAJOR preach-fest.  I wi**** were more surgery related, and not goverened by one "main" person.  The "rest" of us Missouians (and DS wannabes :) get our support from the main board.

Thanks for the reality check.  This entire thread has been a ray of sunshine to me!
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/09 2:15 am - MO
Dearest, with all due respect, there is a difference between rudeness and blatant honesty.  These people had their chosen surgery insulted.  How would YOU react?
athena
on 4/10/09 2:46 am - doniphan, MO
Thanks all for the information, and Dr. H., if that really was you posting, you need to revise your OH profile and remove the DS from it, besides what everyone else said.
Most Active
Recent Topics