PLASTIC SURGEONS THAT ACCEPT MEDICARE ?

DYING_2_B_THYN
on 1/22/10 5:23 am - Joplin, MO
I am really confused! I had an appt with Dr. Hawes for 3 weeks and today, they said that Medicare doesnt pay for a Breast Reduction OR a Tummy Tuck!! I am soooo confused!! 3 weeks ago they told me a different story!! Does anyone know a plastic surgeon that accepts Medicare and Mo Medicaid?

Andy W.
on 1/22/10 5:44 am - Tulsa, OK
Medicare and Medicaid both will only pay for the Panecitimi (sp) which is the removal of the lower tummy skin, thats sort of like a tummy tuck but not I guess, as far as them paying for anything else they wont.  I wish they would but then most insurances dont pay for any of it.  Another thing is that neither Medicare or Medicaid "pre qualify" you for a Panectimi (sp) you just have it done and the surgeon submits the bill, from what research I've done on it tho, 99 % of the time it gets paid. 

Hope that helps ya.

I Corinthians 15:57 - But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Britt W.
on 1/22/10 9:28 am - Republic, MO
Keep your appt.  they wont pay for the breast lift but it will pay for the tummy tuck.  i used dr. hawes in springfield and it was covered.  go to the appt.  trust me he is excellent and will fight for you to get it.  good luck.

britt
Most Active
Recent Topics