anyone have Medicaid, Mo Care?

Sherry W.
on 5/2/05 12:01 am - Moberly, MO
was wondering if anyone has had surgery and had this insurance? Dr.Scott said they are more likely to pay if you have sleep apnea, has anyone heard of that? I have diabetes and high chlolesteral but he said with just that they may not want to pay. just wondering if anyone had any comments?
Shelly LaChance
on 5/2/05 2:18 am - Chester, IL
Your Inc. should pay for sleep study ..the more co-mor-besitys you have the better you are for them to pay for the surgery..
tinybear
on 5/2/05 3:51 pm - Portland, MO
I am not sure how old you are, havent read your profile yet, or how much you weigh, but I am 27 and have NO co-morbidities, I am just big... starting weight was 411 and he is having me lose 40 lbs before surgery and I have about 17 left.. The only reason I can see for you to need to co-morbidities is that either you are on the borderline of qualifying with your BMI or could be due to the cutbacks in medicaid coming up in the next couple months.
Sherry W.
on 5/2/05 10:03 pm - Moberly, MO
I am 42 and I weight 298 my BMI is 48.1 . I have diabetes and high chlolesterol, and after haveing a sleep study have found out I do have sleep apnea,and need to be put on cpap. Did medicaid approve you? I was told medicaid was really slow at decideing.
conster326
on 5/3/05 7:27 am - Branson, MO
I've heard some got approved fairly quickly on Medicaid and others it takes a while. I'm praying that my approval comes quickly as I'm afraid I'll lose my coverage when they make the cuts.
Millsey
on 5/3/05 10:37 pm - Farmington, Mo
They want you to lose 40 pounds?? Holy crap, if I could lose weight like that I wouldn't need the surgery! Why did he tell you that you had to lose 40 pounds?? I'm at 500. If they tell me that I'm screwed...
tinybear
on 5/4/05 1:35 pm - Portland, MO
Medicaid took 1-2 days to get my approval. Jeff, if you are going to Dr Scott, you will more than likely have to lose 10% of your body weight before he will operate. That is what he told me to do. I will find out tomorrow how far I have come. I have been working on this since March and so far I believe I have lost about 20-25 lbs, I will know for sure tomorrow.
Most Active
Recent Topics