Negitive responses on WLS?

Sherry W.
on 5/4/05 10:37 pm - Moberly, MO
what do you say to people who tell you it's crazy for you to be having WLS? It won't change my mind, but it upsets me when I'm always hearing stuff like that!!!!
Nancy H.
on 5/4/05 11:55 pm - Yuma, AZ
My parents were the only ones that were not supportive and said nothing but negative things about it. All I could do was ignore them. I just did what my heart told me I needed to do. Nancy
Shelly LaChance
on 5/5/05 1:00 am - Chester, IL
You will get that alot I always say no it's crazy for me to stay this way..I only say that to good friends..and most of them would do it if they could thats why they say its crazy because they can't get it done.. Shelly
chrissyb
on 5/5/05 3:34 am - Gresham, OR
When people try to say something negative or that it's crazy, I just smile, giggle for a second, and say "Well, it may be crazy but my life is 100x better than it was before, so it obviously worked" By saying this and smiling, letting them know how happy I am with my decision, there really isn't anything else they can say. And...I don't let them! I just walk away! Chrissy 283/187/145?
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/05 3:56 am - Imperial, MO
Sherry, I hear you and understand completely. I think that when someone makes a negative comment, they just don't know enough about what really happens to our bodies. There has been so much negative stuff out there about this surgery that that is all some people hear. Have you ever heard any stats on how many people have died while on the table for a heart bypass, or any other type of surgery? No, at least I haven't. The numbers for death are lower, and there have been improvements and findings that make this a good option for those of us who just can't seem to get it off and keep it off with a regular diet. Just remember one thing and explain this to your friends.....this is a tool and YOU have to make life time changes of your own to go along with this tool. Otherwise, you will be putting it all back on. Hang in there and don't give up!
Most Active
Recent Topics