Workout Gear

Vanessa D.
on 10/24/12 9:20 pm
VSG on 04/18/12
I am looking for some help. Since losing this bunch of weight, i have been more active. However, because of the loose skin on my stomach, it is preventing me from doing certain exercise that involve jumping a lot. I am wondering if anyone can suggest certain workout clothes that might help hold that in but are not too restrictive that you can move with ease. Thanks for all your help

IslandMomma
on 10/24/12 10:05 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
 Congrats on the weight loss...I think the only thing that I have seen others talk about is the "band" that they use to keep everything in it's place for exercising....don't think there is anything out there that is strong enough for our type of weight loss....I am pretty sure you can get them almost anywhere like Walmart of Sportcheck...they just use velcro so you can make it as tight as you need...I know I have started buying work out clothes with a higher % of lyrca or a smaller size...I really don't care what I look like when I am working out...so why should anyone else...the important thing is that I AM working out...

Good luck..
Vanessa D.
on 10/24/12 10:15 pm
VSG on 04/18/12
Thanks. Not so sure i know what they mean by the Band. i need something that goes higher up on the tummy than regular workout pants. i have some that are tight and they work well for the lower part of the stomach but not the muffin top part.

IslandMomma
on 10/24/12 10:29 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
 Do an internet search for stomach "binder" and you will get some ideas....it is sort like a big elestic band that you can wrap around yourself for support...
Vanessa D.
on 10/24/12 11:03 pm
VSG on 04/18/12
i googled it and most of these bands or binders retain body heat to melt away inches. i am looking for something more breathable that would offer some support. when doing aerobics or zumba, i tend to sweat a lot so don't want anything that would retain body heat and cause me to sweat more that i already do. any other information you may have found that i may be able to use?

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/12 7:04 am - Musquash, NB, Canada
VSG on 10/02/12
 I think what you are looking for is Spanx. (You can google it and find some on eBay as well. You wear it under your clothing, it helps keep stuff in yet breathes and allows for ease of movement. I bought some online in different sizes for when I get to that point. A belly Binder is effective for people who have had abdominal surgery and need support in their abdominal area or back support. Not the most comfortable to wear.

Good luck,

Danielle
Prinnylynn
on 11/5/12 10:32 am - Canada

I bought a work out tank/sports bra at walmart. It is made from a spandex lycra material. I wear a t shirt or tank top over it but it definately helps and I think I paid maybe $25

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1053 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1906 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1759 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1756 views