What is everyone doing??? Post something....

IslandMomma
on 11/4/12 11:27 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

SO....come on everyone...we all remember what it is like pre-surgery...reading everything and trying to get all the info we could...so let's start posting again.....I am coming up to my 6 mt ann. and seem to be in a little slump!!  the kids' candy floating around isn't helping...but really...I have to get off my A_ _ :).....I was talking to a person the other day and they were telling me that the way I am taking my vitamins and what exactly I am taking is all wrong...I guess I need to call Rinett and get some more info...BUT I have had a sleeve and they have had the full RYN...so I am thinking there must be a difference there...they don't have the stomach at all anymore, right??  Anyway...it is nice to be able to just meet up with a few people who are still waiting and the few of us over here on PEI who have had the surgery....With my last appointment, I was able to confirm that my highest BMI that they have recorded was 54...now as of the end of Oct I am at 44...still a long way to go but nice to see the numbers going down...

How about everyone else...give us all an update...

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/12 5:09 am - Musquash, NB, Canada
VSG on 10/02/12

I am 5 weeks out tomorrow. Lost 34 pounds since surgery. Taking full solids yet still struggling to get my water in... I get so water logged. I started my vitamins and I am curious to how you are taking the vitamins wrong? I don't see how that is possible as long as you are taking them. You are doing fantastic. Good work. I hope to hear more updates here as well. It is unfortunate how many people stop posting.

Danielle

IslandMomma
on 11/5/12 5:35 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

I talked to one of the gals at Sobeys and she did suggest that I not take my chewable calcium in the morning with my iron and multivitamin as they do not work well togather...maybe should have been told that before...but the other person was saying that taking the B12 and the others together is not good and the type of chewable calcium is not the best kind to be taking, but it is the only one on the island...who knows??!!...I really found it hard to get any protein in for the first 4 weeks...I was living off smoked mussels and little else...maybe that is why my hair is not thinning??....but I did try the Greek yogurt mixed with a few tbl of sugar free choc pudding and a twin...and YUM...it is really good and has protein too....I still find it hard to sit and eat a meal....I have 4 kids and am usually running to get them somewhere, so it is hard to eat slowly...and when I do eat too fast...it all comes up again....Monique says I need to add more snacks to my day and I guess she is right...the whole summer I was NEVER hungry, so it was great...but not so good for the body I guess...anyway...nice to hear you are doing good...keep up updating...

Tracey

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/12 7:03 am - Musquash, NB, Canada
VSG on 10/02/12

The directions on my chewable calcium is to take two hours outside of any other medication (including vitamins) Rhinette said I can take chewable calcium. I have dissolvable B12 and I can take that anytime as it is readily absorbed. I take my chewable adult multi vites later with my meal. I log everything I put in my mouth (except vites) in myfitnesspal.com I am kokocuddles there as well if you want to add me and see what I am eating. Encourage the kids to sit with you for 20-30 minutes and eat slowly. I watch the clock. I try and time my bites so that it lasts 30 minutes AT MOST. Once I hit 30 minutes I am done... if I do not make it to 30, I at least try for 20 minutes. If I eat things that go too easily... I get sick to my stomach too. Good reminder for the next meal but I am in hell for about an hour. I am not hungry, I base my meals on times, I eat 6 times per day three 'snacks' three full meals (full being MAYBE a half of cup of protein or two ounces weighed) Cheese Heads Cheese Strings are my snacks. Good protein no carbs.

I am trying to fit enough protein to keep my hair LOL. I am not vain... but it is the only thing I really love about myself.

jjwbuster
on 11/5/12 11:01 am - Saint John, Canada

Chin in hand, elbow resting on table...tapping fingers...still waiting for first consult :(

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

IslandMomma
on 11/5/12 12:37 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Sorry to hear of your wait-time...but at least you will be on the "faster" in-province list!!!!  Being from PEI, Dr B got my referal in 2007, and I had my surgery May 2012...Good luck....

Vanessa D.
on 11/6/12 11:20 pm
VSG on 04/18/12

I will be 7months out on November 18 from sleeve. I have so far lost 98 LBS. My BMI at highest was 50.4 now at 34.1. I too struggle with taking enough time to eat my meals but i tend to eat maybe 1 full meal a day that would take about 20 to 30 mins to eat and the rest is more like snacks that take 10 to 15 mins. I have 2 kids both in different sports, we are at the arena 5 to 6 days a week with them so i understand the rushing. I am taking my vitamins in the morning, all of them, however i don't take chewables of anything and i don't need to take iron supplements. I am from NB but figured i could provide some information as well.

IslandMomma
on 11/7/12 1:37 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Great...congrats and thanks for the update...remember how it is pre-surgery...we all crave the info so it is all good...

Thanks and good luck

Tracey

sunnie41
on 11/8/12 4:49 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

well hello all.

im not doing anything special lol

i still struggle to get in 2-3 cups a water a day and im 6 mos out.

from over all i have lost 177 approx. since boost 126

i eat just about everything (at the encouragement of the dietician last time i had an appointment), i just dont go crazy.

i am feeling a bit guilty as last week at halloween i had a kids bag of cheesies (quickly got  the leftovers out of the house)

i am dating a great fellow who is both supportive, helpful and likes me for me. but is appreciative of the confidence that i have more every day and i think that is the most attractive thing overall

i still have a ways to go for sure but i can do so much more than i have ever been able to do since i can remember...and i dont mind clothes shopping as much as i used to.  ive gone from a 6X or 32 to an 1X-2X and 18-20. mostly 20.

think i was in high school last time i was this "small".

i still can only eat between 1/2 cup and 3/4 cup at a time...especially when it is mostly protein.

my hair is toast.  i used to have hair that was a two fister thick. now im lucky with 1/2 a fist.  i havent cut it and im holding on to the last minute. but the texture changed about 4 months out, coarse like horses hair. i bought some keretin shampoo and its helping with the new growth but i think there isnt much i can do to help what i currently have.

i take a multi vitamin and b12. that it. and the dr said b12 wasnt necessary but i take it anyway.

i have found over the years and last months, this site was quite a help especially in research for what was to come after surgery

IslandMomma
on 11/8/12 11:58 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

WOW...what a great success story!!!  You must be the new "poster child" for the clinic!!!!  YEAH.....I wish I could get the candy out the door...but somehow I think the 4 kids would have a fit...it is going down and tonight my 14 year old is having a sleep over with some other boys...so I am hoping the candy will get a big hit tonight.....I still throw up if I eat too fast and too much...like you I am only at about 1/2 a cup...and 20 min is a L O N G meal for me...I never would have believed just how hard it is to eat...and still I sit some weeks with no loss....except the hair-loss...lots of that....my best friend was here for the month of Oct from Australia and we were running around so much I was skipping meals and my weight has be sitting at 275 for over a month...time to get back on track...I would love to be 160 for Xmas...but it is going to be hard...

ANYWAY...the response has been great to this  posting...nice to hear from everyone, and even the ones who are still waiting...keep up the great work everyone..

Tracey

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1070 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1930 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1777 views