WHERE ARE YOU AT IN YOUR JOURNEY??? WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR XMAS??

IslandMomma
on 12/3/12 10:42 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Good Morning everyone....How is everyone today???  SO has anyone been lucky enough to have gotten a surgery date??  Or have you JUST had your first meeting with the team?? Give us all any update...it is always nice to see someone else at the same point as you in your journey... The office usually gets the OR times for the next month on the first of the month...so some people may be getting their lucky call...keeping our fingers crossed...

How about Xmas??....How is everyone planning to deal with all the temptations and food opportunities?? How about new recipes  to take to those Xmas parties or family dinners???  Share the knowledge and let's keep going on this weight loss journey....

Prinnylynn
on 12/4/12 12:18 am - Canada

I am planning to take christmas as it comes.  I have decided that I will not be having sweets in my house over the holidays. My family has been so great. We have decided that we will have veggie trays and fruit /cheese trays or at least the supplies to make them if we have company. My mind is still weak when it comes to junk food.

The kids have been wonderful too. Before I left for Bathurst we sat down and talked ( my kids are 12 and 14) and my only request for help from them was to leave the junk food out of the house. They are welcome to have a treat when they are out but please dont bring it home. They have been excellent about that. I leave a little change in dish on the fridge so if they are going somewhere they grab a bit and get a treat, if they think of it. Halloween candy went out the garage ( their idea not mine), I couldnt imagine how I was going to overcome being hit in the face with bags of junk food and I didnt even have to think about it because they were so thoughtful. 

I am almost 4 months post op and down 72 lbs. I feel great and my energy level is starting to come back now.

Henry M.
on 12/4/12 12:41 am - Fredericton, Canada

Still no date for me yet.  I am hoping this will be my lucky week to find out.  Friday will be 5 weeks since signing off.  

As excited as I am to have it done I am also thinking that liquid diet over the holidays will be a bit harder than just doing the liquid diet in general.  But it is a challenge I will accept and my family will brave through it with me. 

The risks of surgery has me a little "spooked" I guess .  So I wanted to ensure my family had a super special Birthdays(2 girls and a boy with Birthdays in December, the youngest girl sharing mine with me yesterday. The other girl has hers in March) /  Christmas to remember.   So we spent last weekend in North Conway , NH.  For my 4 year old Boy and 9 year old girl it was like driving to the North Pole to find Santa which we did.  For the teens girls it was awesome Tax Free shopping at the outlet stores.

For mom and dad is was enjoyable family time without technology, video games, and the like... we got to decorate Christmas cookies one evening and Christmas Stockings the next.  The trip as a whole was a success now I need that call to move life forward.  I want to go back in the summer but much smaller so we can enjoy all the fun things that I couldn't this time around.

IslandMomma
on 12/4/12 5:45 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

NICE..yeah when you have kids, 4 for me, it is a little extra scary I think...I wrote letters to each of them and left them under my pillow ....I did not tell anyone I did this..jsut in case and when we all returned home after the surgery, I read them again in private, cried and then ripped them all up...I knew from then on that it was all going to be okay and that I had done the right thing...

Here's to hoping you get a Jan date., but if not ...your time will come in Feb....and you will do fantastic!!!!  MEN..you guys are so lucky...none of the "lady" issues all the rest of us have to face....

Good luck and keep us posted

Tracey

Henry M.
on 12/4/12 10:13 pm - Fredericton, Canada

Seems to be super busy over the holidays.  Been about 5 weeks since I signed and looks like it there is no end in sight.

December and January have already been booked and people have been called and there is no info on February, so I guess I will continue to wait.  So close but it also feels so far away.

Henry

IslandMomma
on 12/4/12 10:25 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Too bad you didn't get a Jan date...a few of us had our fingers crossed for you...but I guess the holidays take up a good 10 days or so of possible surgery dates....At least you are coming to the end of your wait time...there are some out there that haven't had their first Dr meeting yet...

Enjoy Xmas with the family and your time will come soon...You will drop the weight so fast it will blow you away...by summer time you will be out buying all new clothes and really enjoying life....

T

better_life_ahead
on 12/5/12 4:17 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

I was Sleeved Feb-14-2012.

This year for Christmas, I will be having whatever gets served!! :o)

I know what kind of portions i am able to eat and if i also feel like having a little piece of desert, i will. I am not planning to over indulge, just eat like i usually do and have a few tastes of sweets.  I don't keep them at my home so it will be a little treat.

I am grateful for my sleeve and don't regret it for one moment!! (I probably thought i did regret it in the 1st week, but that will pass!! :o) )

To all that hasn't had surgery yet, your time will come! It's a bit scary of course but it will probably the best thing you are going to do for yourself in the long run!

Cindy F.
on 12/5/12 7:51 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

Your success to date is very inspiring, you guys are all doing so well! I'm in the same boat as Henry and although disappointed I didn't get a call for January and keeping my fingers crossed for February. Seeing your number**** a personal note with me since I'll be around your weight pre surgery and hoping to be done around the same time of year. It's hard to imagine its possible to be where you're at this time next year!  Thanks for the update and thanks to Tracey for continuing to keep the forums active and keep us connected and supportive of each other. 

Vanessa D.
on 12/13/12 1:28 pm
VSG on 04/18/12

I plan to go with the flow. I know what I can and can't tolerate now. I have not yet tried liquor and it's not on my to do list for this holiday season either. I was not a heavy drinker before,maybe 1 to 2 times a year max, so it's not something I miss. As others have pointed out, although i don't plan on over indulging, if I feel like having a few bites of desert I will. However, usually I don't have room for desert once the protein and a few bites of veggies have gone in. Hope everyone has happy holidays. For those still waiting for that special call, your time will come, use your time wisely until it does cause it goes by quickly once you get that call. No regrets.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1070 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1930 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1777 views