Oromocto

Lesley42
on 5/30/13 11:13 am - Canada

I was just wondering, is there anyone else in the Oromocto area waiting to have surgery with Dr. Savoie?

Lesley42                        
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 4:09 am - Oromocto, Canada

I'm in Oromocto, but am waiting to see Dr Beausoleil.  If you don't mind my asking, why did you choose to go further away for your surgery?  Do you know when you will get your surgery? 

Kat

Eve_34
on 5/31/13 4:25 am - Canada
VSG on 05/23/13

I am in oromocto and I had surgery with dr. Savoie last Thursday (may 23).  I chose to go theRe because the wait time was shorter and the hospital has excellent reviews and I liked what I had heard about him.  It's really not that much further, an hour or so... 

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/13 8:48 am - Oromocto, Canada
Hi eve. Just wanted to check on how you're feeling now that you are a week and a half out? How long did you stay in the hospital?
Eve_34
on 6/4/13 3:01 am - Canada
VSG on 05/23/13

I'm feeling pretty good...  Starting to feel the changes a bit in my shape.  Sleeping is still a bit uncomfortable because I'm a belly sleeper and I can't yet....  Starting to crave something to chew since in 2 days I will have been on liquids for 4 weeks...  I start my 2 weeks of purée then I'm Free to try real food again.  I feel healthy....and have had absolutely no reflux or heartburn since surgery.  It's wonderful....  Once my incisions heal up illness happy lol...  A bit sore under my left rib cage still but it's not bad,,,

Lesley42
on 5/31/13 7:22 am, edited 5/31/13 7:24 am - Canada

Like Eve the waiting list at that time was shorter than Dr. B in Moncton.. For some reason Eve I thought you were in St.John.. I was asking because I thought I was the only one from Oromocto... Are you both military wives? I am and live in the Q's.. This is nice to have someone here.. How are you feeling now Eve? Im not sure exactly how close I am but I am supposed to be 3rd on the list to be called for my first consult.. Ive been on the list since May 6th 2009... I had my Dr.s office call their office this week to see where I was at on the list and try to find out how much longer because I was getting sick and tired of getting different info everytime I called..

Lesley42                        
Eve_34
on 5/31/13 9:41 am - Canada
VSG on 05/23/13

I was  on the list since jan 09.  There was some confusion with my file because my family doc stopped practicing and my paper for initial consult went to my ancient address so I never got it. When I called to check up they said they had passed me!!!!   But I got back in where I should of been.  About a six month delay but oh we'll.  I am not in the pmqs but am close to town... Lincoln and wassis road..   You must  be getting anxious.  Once you go for first consult it happens so fast.  One word of advice, have your mind made up which procedure you want before you go and sound confident.  I sounded wispy washy on what I wanted and he sent me home for a month to decide...lol. 

Lesley42
on 5/31/13 10:24 am, edited 5/31/13 10:25 am - Canada

I definitly want the sleeve done... From everything I have read the sleeve has the highest success rate (not that the band isn't successful) And also I believe I read for someone my size it is also the best way to go...Im ready yesterday...lol If he even tried to send me home, Id be like o hell know, I didnt stay on this 4 year wait to be sent home with a no!! lol No worries honey, Im vocal..lol But good to know..thx I know Im sooo close to my call but yet my anxiety over waiting is driving me nuts!! lol

Lesley42                        
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 12:15 pm - Oromocto, Canada
Yeah I've been waiting since my referral went in in October 2008. Sounds like the wait is similar now. I had my first consult and am waiting for the all day info session. From what they have said i have to wait about six to nine months. After all this time im hoping on the earlier! I was a military wife til my hubby retired in 2008. He's been going to school to be a carpenter and has just finished his block 3. I live oromocto in the wind gate estates.
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 12:20 pm - Oromocto, Canada
I want the sleeve too. I don't think the lapband will work for me and the bypass seems so invasive and life changing with the supplements the rest of your life. I didn't even let him explain the difference. Just said that I have researched this a lot and that's what I wanted. He said he agreed and that's what he was recommending too. So now more waiting! Waiting sucks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1053 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1907 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1759 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1756 views