????

Lesley42
on 6/6/13 1:16 am - Canada

Has anyone with Dr. Savoie gotten their first consult call yet?

Lesley42                        
Anxiousgirl
on 6/6/13 6:26 am
No call yet....I am getting so discouraged! My referral was june 02 2009 so you will be gettinv your call before me. Seems like it goes in spurts. Do they take groups or does anyone knowhow it works?
jjwbuster
on 6/6/13 6:41 am - Saint John, Canada

I believe it goes in groups. I had my consult and then a month later there were about 15 of us at the information session. It appears that this group is having their surgeries as Eve and I have had ours and we were in the same group. 

Things are happening much faster now from consult to surgery. It use to be about a 3 month wait for info session and then about 6 months before surgery from the consult date so a total of 9 months. I was a total of 3 months from consult to surgery. 

So all in all things are moving faster than before. Also I believe someone told me at the hospital that they are only allowed to do 2 bariatric surgeries a week (someone correct me if I am wrong...the drugs were really good at that time).

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Anxiousgirl
on 6/6/13 6:47 am
So I wonder is there another group in process now or you guys the last group just finishing now? Has anybody out there had consult or info session lately?
Lesley42
on 6/6/13 9:25 am - Canada

You and I may end up in the same info group Anxiousgirl!! :)

Lesley42                        
maggie9247
on 6/6/13 10:38 am - Miramichi, Canada
I have not heard anything.I have been on the list since Oct '09 so I know it will be a long wait yet.So frustrating.
BrownIdGirl2
on 6/6/13 11:01 am

I was on the wait for Dr.Savoie list since end of March 2009.

First consult on March 19, 2013 with Dr. Semerjian, they work off the same list and you don't know who you will get.

He wanted to see me again a month later since he wanted me to do some small changes, saw him and signed on about April 23rd and the info session was 2 weeks later, we were just 4 in our group session.

At the info session we were given a number to call in 1 month for pre op booking for surgery date and they called me before.

My date is June 12, I'm on my 9th boost day, no problems at all, I'm a little bit more tired today but that's about it.

When you get your call for the first consult, it really does go fast and we are lucky since in the past, the wait time to surgery was much longer.

I remember calling the clinic last year and they were not seeing new patients since they had to catch up on the surgery list, looks like they changed the way of doing business. 

Lesley42
on 6/6/13 11:28 am - Canada

Wow your time is almost here!!! You must be so pumped... You will have to let us all know how it went for you and how you are feeling afterwards.. Good luck and I look forward to hearing how well your doing...

Lesley42                        
Vanessa67
on 6/10/13 11:37 pm - Canada

I called Dr. Savoie's office last week, they are starting to work on the April 2009 consults now.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1053 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1907 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1759 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1756 views