Surgery Update

BrownIdGirl2
on 6/14/13 10:59 am

Just wanted to post to let you know I had surgery Wed June 12 and today is Friday June 14th and was discharged before noon.

My surgery was schedule for 10am, surgery only took 1 hour, when I woke up in the recovery room it was 12:22 first time I remember.  The gas pain at the chest area was real bad until about 4pm that day, didn't feel too bad that night, however didn't sleep much, I just couldn't relax and there was too much going around in the room.

Second day, the gas pain was really bad at times but I walked a lot during the  day.  On the second day I only took 1 tylenol in the morning and after noon  and  also .5mg of Dila

udide around lunch time and before bed.  I didn't think it would help with the gas pain but it did.  The fluids went down very painfully and when you would walk it would move the gas around.

This morning when the doctor came he asked if I felt ok to go home, I said I felt much better and would like to go home.  The liquids are going down much better than day 2, I was able to drink pure cranberry juice and prune juice the gas pain is not as much and the burp/air comes up much faster than the following day of surgery.

When I was discharged, stopped at the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions and vitamins and then stopped at the restaurant and I took the broth of a won tong soup.  Bought some store made smoothie that is really liquid and was able to drink quite a bit of it during the day, for supper had home made carrot soup cooked with onions, celery and chicken broth so the taste was nice.

No pain medicine has been taken at all today and don't think I will need some if it keeps up this way.  There is still discomfort in the stomach area but nothing bad and there are 5 incisions and I can't say there are really painful, just sensative.

jjwbuster
on 6/15/13 1:30 am - Saint John, Canada

Glad to hear things went as well or better than expected. Wow you got out in two days!

I am 16 days post op and have no pain for 2 days just a tightness around the largest incision area. Having a bit of a time with mushies yesterday and really didn't feel like eating at all. So strange to not care whether I ate or not.

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Lesley42
on 6/15/13 2:24 am - Canada

So glad to hear you are doing well .. Your going to have an amazing road ahead now and i cant wait to hear all about it!! All the best with your journey!!

Lesley42                        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1071 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1931 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1778 views