Calls??

Lesley42
on 7/16/13 12:48 am - Canada

Hey everyone...I was wondering if anyone has gotten their first call yet? I have heard nothing.. Feels like nothing is moving again :( I get myself excited when I think Im going to hear something soon and then nothing... This is so discouraging, I sometimes feel like there is no hope for me.. Sorry for sounding like such a downer, but after being so positive and happy for others and not getting anywhere myself, its just simply depressing..

Lesley42                        
maggie9247
on 7/16/13 1:26 am - Miramichi, Canada

I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. I was feeling very uplifting ready everyone's blog then all of a sudden nothing. Hopefully something soon .Keeping my fingers crossed.

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/13 7:52 am - Oromocto, Canada
Same here. I wonder if we will have our surgeries around the same time? Maybe be a little local support group!
Lesley42
on 7/16/13 9:26 am - Canada

That would be great!! I just wish they would get on it..lol At least be able to get an answer out of them..

Lesley42                        
Vanessa67
on 7/17/13 2:36 am - Canada

I just called the Bariatric Clinic in Bathurst and was told that they are still working on the March/April 2009 consults. UGH!!!!! They said they do not book many new patients for the MDs clinic dates (they each do one per week). The waiting seems like forever, yet its only been 4 YEARS!!!!! I feel like I am getting fatter and fatter every day, must be the heat :(

Vanessa

Lesley42
on 7/17/13 4:15 am - Canada

So depressing... They were on Jan-Feb for over a year...Im starting to think that's how its going to be with March-April :( And this is why people travel and pay to get it done.. I could cry

Lesley42                        
Vanessa67
on 7/17/13 10:16 pm - Canada

At one point the NB government stopped paying for the procedure and that slowed everything down. I am thinking that is why there was a stall for some time. I know they are definitely working in April because there are people on this forum that have got their call.  I am sure that when anyone calls, they try to give them the most conservative picture so not to get anyone's hopes up.

Patience is a nasty word at this stage of the game. It is nothing but a distant memory, replaced by frustration. Stay strong.

Lesley42
on 7/18/13 1:54 am - Canada

Thx hun you stay strong too...I know its hard...

Lesley42                        
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/13 5:34 am - Oromocto, Canada
I finally got my call for the all day session. After that they. Say about six months to surgery! Little step forward...hit the brakes!
Lesley42
on 7/22/13 6:58 am - Canada

Thats awsome!!! One step closer, whooo hoooo broken heart

Lesley42                        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1053 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1906 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1759 views