So frustrated..

Lesley42
on 10/24/13 6:31 am - Canada

So when I saw Dr. Savoie back in July he said my surgery should be before Christmas.. Well today I call the hospital where they do the booking and she said probably not until after Christmas now.. They take two weeks off in Dec and she said there was lots of people ahead of me and booked for November.. Just when I thought I was so close.. Just really really bummed..

Lesley42                        
Anxiousgirl
on 10/24/13 9:51 am
Ughhh! So close but yet so far! I really had it in my mind that we would probably have surgery in november or december! I think I am getting fatter by the week! I keep on having food funerals and now another 2 or three months...
jjwbuster
on 10/24/13 10:02 am - Saint John, Canada

The food funerals will go away. It is hard to really judge by what they tell you when you call the hospital. For some reason you can call and get one answer one day and then call next week and get another totally different answer. 

It will come soon...you are in the home stretch now. 

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Lesley42
on 10/24/13 10:50 am, edited 10/24/13 5:45 pm - Canada
I had it in my head too.. Agh the number I called today was where they do the actual scheduling. Maybe there will be a cancellation or something IDK .. Lets hang in there anxiousgirl .. We will get through it.. Thanks for your support jjwbuster.. It means alot
Lesley42                        
jndrake
on 10/26/13 11:39 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi ladies, I am feeling the exact same way as you only with Dr B instead of Dr Savoie, I signed off on my surgery in July and was feeling pretty sure I would have surgery in Nov or Dec but I'm definitely not going to be having surgery in Nov and I'm not very confident about Dec either. I am not sure how I am going to get my seat belt closed once I have to wear a winter jacket and I'm holding off buying a seatbelt extender because I feel I'm so close, I also have worn out some of my work dress pants and only have a couple of pairs left that are good but I so don't want to buy new clothes until I'm losing weight.  I guess we will all hang in together and might actually have surgery around the same time.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Lesley42
on 10/27/13 2:08 am - Canada

Well I guess the good thing is we know its going to happen so we just have to try and stay positive about that.. I was frustrated and upset but today Im trying to get back to staying positive.. And I so know what u mean about not wanting to buy new clothes... Ive been putting off doing the same thing.. I refuse to buy myself anything new.. Unless its shoes of course...hahaha I LOVE shoes..lol Anyways lets just all keep our fingers crossed and here's to hoping we here something soon.

Lesley42                        
jjwbuster
on 10/27/13 11:11 pm - Saint John, Canada

....and I don't want to seem ungrateful at having the surgery but clothes buying is crap right now. I buy a pair of jeans if I can find them to fit me (Frenchy's) and they only fit for maybe two weeks. I just keep wearing them baggy. Women's clothes manufacturers definitely do not have standardized sizing. I really need new bras but am not finding anything to fit properly and I don't want to go for a bra fitting because to pay that much for something that won't fit for long doesn't justify the cost. I have resorted to sports bras for now.

Clothes will be an issue before surgery and after surgery at least for me it was.

BTW Frenchy's has started increasing their prices dramatically in the past 4 weeks too.

Anxiousgirl
on 10/27/13 11:24 pm

Luckily for me I have clothes in my closet from sizes 30 straight through to 18.  lol

Vanessa67
on 10/28/13 1:25 am - Canada

Waiting is unbearable, but wait until it happens then the agony will all be forgotten. . If we put it in our heads that by the end of next year we may be in the place we want to be and that dates are only a square on a calendar. The journey is painful. We all have a favorite pair of "skinny jeans" in our closets. Ask yourself how long they have been in there? They aren't going anywhere but the ability to wear them again is well worth the wait. If that happens, all this waiting, grief and anxiety will all be instantly forgotten.

We've come this far, keep your chin up and imagine how you will feel this time next year.

I am going Nov 15 to Bathurst for my first appointment.

Vanessa

jjwbuster
on 10/28/13 11:09 am - Saint John, Canada

Such very good words Vanessa67. Congratulations on your first appointment. I have a follow up appointment that day so maybe we will cross paths.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1053 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1907 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1759 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1756 views