Really worried

Lesley42
on 1/18/14 6:41 am - Canada

So surgery is in two days and Im really worried and stressed because everyone seems to lose 20-30 pounds before surgery.. I have only lost 15.. Normally I would be thrilled to death with that, but because I was told I should lose between 20-30, Im paniced.. I've totally stuck with my 4 boost a day, water and lemon/lime crystal lite.. Has anyone lost less than 20 before surgery??

Lesley42                        
jjwbuster
on 1/18/14 2:07 pm - Saint John, Canada

There have been people who have lost less. You will probably lose like I do. Weight loss doesn't show and then in a matter of a day or two I drop 2-8 lbs. 

I know it is difficult but don't concentrate on the scale right now. If you are following plan then you are losing but it just may not show on the scale at this moment. 

Besides the stress and worry (I am not sure if anyone has actually not felt the same way this close to surgery) do you feel just a little bit excited? 

It has come so fast now. Wishing you the best on surgery day and quick healing soon after. Will be waiting anxiously for an update on how you are doing. We will all be here for you.

Anxiousgirl
on 1/18/14 8:54 pm

I didn't have a scale so got weighed when I got there.  15 pounds is good! Who knows maybe you will drop a couple more before tomorrow. I am so excited for you! Can't wait for an update! You will do great, I am feeling really good now. All I can preach is walk, walk, walk and take your pain meds and sips. It's so nice having someone to go through all this with!

Lesley42
on 1/18/14 9:18 pm - Canada

Thanks ladies... I always take your advice, all advice is welcome.. I am getting ready to head up to Bathurst soon, we are staying at a hotel for tonight.. Surgery is at 8 so I have to be there for 6. Im happy that I lost this much, I was just worried that Dr. Savoie wants more.. I am excited for sure, I just want to get on with my life.. and healthier, more active life... I will up date ya's as soon as I can and thank you again for all your support!! :)

Lesley42                        
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/14 9:50 am - Oromocto, Canada

Wishing you sail through the surgery with no issues!  Post once you're done. We are all thinking about you!

sunnie41
on 1/19/14 10:24 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

i know it is and will be hard but the last thing you should ever do from this day forward is compare yourself to others. if you do, you will make yourself go crazy. everyone loses at a different rate, some fast and some slower. the thing is to concentrate on YOU. i know we all do try to get an idea of where everyone else is and has done and nothing wrong with that but your body will lose what its supposed to at it's own pace. when is the last time you ever lost 15 pds in two weeks? that is pretty good, and you should be proud of getting through the boost. that is one crazy ride!!

good luck with surgery and we will be here waiting for you making room on the loser's bench :)

dykeman885
on 1/23/14 6:38 am

dont worry bout it cause yu got onme fo the  best surgens in north america mabey the world good luck  clarence

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1053 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1907 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1759 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1756 views