Got my Call !!!!!

maggie9247
on 6/16/14 10:47 pm - Miramichi, Canada

Finally after so much waiting I got my call this morning. I am beyond happy, words cannot explain how I feel inside. My first appointment is next month. I will keep everyone posted. 

Colleen_SJ
on 6/17/14 7:24 am

Hi. I got a call yesterday out of the blue after being put on the waiting list probably around 6 years ago! Since then I have lost and regained significant amounts of weight twice, and I honestly didn't even know if the waiting list still existed, since I had heard that the clinic shut down at some point since then.  Obviously it has re-opened. I had pretty much given up on the idea. I SHOULD be ecstatic but instead I find myself full of misgivings...it's been years since I did all the research on the various options and so now I will have to research it all over again. My appointment is July 8 and in the meantime I am very preoccupied with weighing the pros and cons of taking this huge leap!

Colleen_SJ
on 6/17/14 7:32 am

BTW I'm 45 and in Saint John. :)

Colleen_SJ
on 6/17/14 7:34 am

May I ask how long ago you were put on the waiting list? I honestly don't remember, I am just estimating 6 years for me.

maggie9247
on 6/17/14 11:55 pm - Miramichi, Canada

Colleen I'm from Miramichi, and my doctor is in Bathurst. I was on the list since October of '09. And to tell you the true, all this waiting is so worth it. I could not be more happy then I am right now:).

Snapcracker
on 6/20/14 12:38 am - Canada

I got my call as well. My referral went in on August 2009 and my appointment is for July 16th in Bathurst. So after that what happens next? I've found out all kinds of stuff about the surgery etc, but my question is what happens after the first appointment? Like do you go on a liquid diet for 3 months or do you have to lose weight before the surgery and how long does it take usually to get your surgery after your consolation

Joanne1203
on 6/21/14 4:30 am

Congrats!  I got my call as well and will be going to Bathurst for my 1st appointment July 9.   Soooo   excited that it will finely start to move!!!

Lesley42
on 6/21/14 2:35 am - Canada

Yay!! Congrats to all three of you!!! Your on your way to a much healthy er you!! I had my surgery Jan 20th and everyday I wake up thank-full that I had it.. Im down 96 pounds already.. it feels absolutely amazing!!

Lesley42                        
Colleen_SJ
on 6/21/14 12:53 pm

I'm still trying to find out what type of surgery or surgeries they do at Bathurst...do they do the Vertical Sleeve? Roux en y? I and hoping I can have the vertical sleeve. If my only option were the lap band I would say thanks but no thanks from what I have read.

mother1973
on 7/7/14 12:24 pm - Calgary, Canada
RNY on 03/20/13

Congrats to my beautiful sister!!!!  I can not wait for you to start  this journey.  I know you have been waiting a long time but you will be so happy with the outcome that the waiting will mean nothing to you when it is all done!!!!  I can attest to that.... 204 lbs gone (100 on my own) you will feel fantastic!  I love you big time... And will support you 100% of the way!!!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1056 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1908 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1762 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1759 views