Just Checking In...

maggie9247
on 8/10/14 11:31 pm - Miramichi, Canada

Hello everyone, just checking in to see how everyone is doing. It has been pretty quiet on here for a bit. Never read any new postings. I am just updating my own adventure if you will. I finally got my first call in June, went for my very first visit in July, and then 3 weeks later got a call for a sleep apnea test. Did the test at home , which was fine but barely slept. Hopefully everything else leading up to surgery goes just as fast. Anyways here's to hoping you all have a great day, and I will keep my good news posting. If anyone can help me though, what all do I have to look forward to before the surgery, how many more visits, and what the visits include. Thanks everyone.

bigchris
on 8/13/14 10:17 am - Canada

your on your way you'll get a call to attend the 1 day information class where they give you all the info on all three operations that is available and what one you decide to have done and there they explain every thing before and after your surgery then you go see the head shrink to see if you are ready to go threw with the surgery and doing it for the right reasons and then you go sign you papers with the doctor and you tell him your choice of what surgery you want done and what he recommends then you have pre op test and start your 2 weeks of shakes or boost all depends who is your doctor I had the shakes from DR B then it's surgery time. I waited 11 months from my first visit to my last before my surgery so your on your way I'm down 110 pounds now in 17 weeks so I can't wait to hear more about your journey.

maggie9247
on 8/13/14 8:24 pm - Miramichi, Canada

Thanks for the reply bigchris, I have already met with the nurse to have the talk about the surgeries, the same day I met with the shrink to discuss if I am ready to do the surgery and then met with the dietician, all in the same day.I already told them the surgery I wanted done, and have had my mind made up for a long time. Did all the research, pros and cons,results, etc.  So just want to move on to the next step. I just had my sleep apnea test done last Friday. Not sure if they do the same procedure in Bathurst. So people tell me it should not be as long where as I met with these ones already. I don't know. Just wanted to see what happens next, starting to get very anxious.  All info is very helpful:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1056 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1908 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1762 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1759 views