on 10/20/14 12:35 pm - Canada

is he a new bariatric surgeon???

Jamie86
on 10/21/14 9:30 pm - Union Corner NB, Canada
VSG on 03/19/15

Yes! He is in Fredericton.  

Lcs1234
on 10/25/14 9:29 am

Dr. Boiisvert did my surgery this past Thursday. He's  great and no issues from my end. 

Medic586
on 10/26/14 6:05 pm

Good to know, im having surgery with Dr Boisvert nov 6.  Did u stay in the hospital a long time?

Lcs1234
on 10/27/14 8:15 am

Hi,  My surgery was Thursday, Oct 23 and I was released from the hospital on Saturday, Oct 25.  Technically I would probably have stayed until Sunday, but due to lack of beds, I was in the ICU unit and i convinced them i was probably better off at home than in there and they agreed.  Dr. Boisvert was great. He stopped by Thursday evening to check on me and let me know everything went as planned and looked great.  I have read some stories on here of people not being able to get the pain meds they need, but that wasn't my experience at all. When I first woke up, I was in pain for a few minutes but as soon as they said does it hurt and I said yes, they gave me meds for that and nausea and that cycle continued until I left the hospital. I am not saying there hasn't been any pain, but its been very manageable. I have also seen stories about people being sick and that I haven't had that issue either. All in all, 4 days after surgery I feel pretty darn good.  I will certainly be taking my pain meds at bed time tonight, but really I seem to be one of the lucky ones. I am very thankful to be given this opportunity and we are so fortunate to live in a province where we don't have to pay for this surgery.  Good luck with your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery. 

Jamie86
on 1/20/15 6:59 am - Union Corner NB, Canada
VSG on 03/19/15

Just met with him today! I see him again next week and his receptionist gave me a tentative date of Feb 19th as long as my next appointment goes well! Yay! 

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/15 5:11 am - Oromocto, Canada

How long did you guys have to wait to get in with Dr Boisvert?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1050 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1905 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1757 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1755 views