Hello Everyone

maggie9247
on 12/20/14 10:56 pm - Miramichi, Canada

Hey everyone, just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I am 3 weeks and a half out and feeling great. Having a hard time to figure out what to eat at times, but besides that all is good. I know as Christmas is fast approaching within days, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year. 

Also I have a couple of questions for the people who have had their surgery already. What is the average weight loss after surgery till first check up with Doctor? A good friend of mine has not lost anything, and I told her everyone is different and not sure if losing any amount is normal or recommended. Not sure what to tell her. All I did tell her was from the time you have your surgery I know personally you are bigger leaving the hospital then when you went in. I was so swollen, I looked like I was 7-8 months pregnant.lol.

I'm just not sure of what to tell her, and I know it's not fair to compare weight loss because everyone is different. Please help. I want to boost her spirits up.

bigchris
on 12/21/14 5:18 am - Canada

merry Christmas and happy new year to you to every one lose weight differently I lost my in the first 9 weeks after my surgery and I'm now maintaining I lost a total of 116 pounds so far and hoping for twenty pounds more to reach my own goal I go see a Dr in april to see for extra skin removel .

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/14 8:18 am - Oromocto, Canada

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too!

i think I lost fifteen or twenty lbs the first two month after surgery. Then my body freaked out and I went on a stall for seven weeks!  It was discouraging, but my body had to adjust to not storing fat for the day in the future that I would fall into a complete starvation scenario! Lol. Then I started losing again, but slower more like a half a lb a day or every two days.  I have found that instead of bloating up five lbs when it's my time of the month, I stay the same.  So that's ok. I think after watching other people's story, I have found that everyone is different! Dr b told me if people lose a lot during the preop diet, the weight loss is slower after. There are lots of reasons why your friend just may not have started that yet. If she's not eating too bad...and yes, I eat Christmas treats sometimes, then it will start when her body realizes what is happening!  Tell her to stay positive. She may still be swollen inside and retaining fluid because of the surgery!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1048 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views