High Dose Vitamin D

meldrap
on 2/24/15 2:22 am

Just in case anyone else gets the vitamin D prescribed before surgery - buy yourself some stool softener/laxative.  The vitamin D has constipated me and made me very dizzy.....It is a normal symptom but I wasn't aware of it....

karasmom
on 2/24/15 7:12 am

It makes me feel the same way.  My dose was 10,000 IU once a week for 6 weeks.  What's yours?

meldrap
on 2/24/15 7:13 am

50;000

meldrap
on 2/24/15 7:13 am

Sorry 50,000 once a week for 8 weeks

allyray
on 3/5/15 7:30 am

That's what mine is as well

Colleen_SJ
on 3/7/15 12:13 am

I had this dosage also. I guess I'm lucky that I never noticed any effects at all, other than feeling like I had more energy after a couple of weeks, which was probably just my imagination LOL.

KattattaK
on 3/13/15 9:33 am

Same for me!!! Lol no constipation, dizziness or negative suede effects whatsoever. But I DID notice a burst of energy after a while. Everything affects everyone differently!! 

jndrake
on 3/13/15 9:18 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

The vitamin D didn't bother me, it was the Iron supplements, they ripped my stomach up and gave me major problems with my back side! My NUT said I could stop them if I felt I was getting enough protein  and once I did I went back to normal.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

KattattaK
on 3/13/15 9:37 am

I'm wondering if this could be due to the brand or form?? Who knows! I can't recall the brand I took, but I purchased it at whole foods or sprouts (can't remember which but I know it was one if these stores) and it was the liquid version with the dropper. I have to start taking it again because on my latest labs, my Vit D level was a little low 😞

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views