It's done!

Colleen_SJ
on 3/30/15 10:23 pm

I had my sleeve surgery at Bathurst yesterday morning with Dr. Savoie. So far everything is going great. All the staff have been so great, especially the anesthesiologist Dr. Lee who has such a great bedside manner and was so reassuring. The nurses in the stepdown unit too have been awesome. Still in step down for another day and possibly even another night if no beds are available elsewhere, but I'm not complaining about that because here I have my own room, etc. Today I have some pain and nausea but I suppose that's to be expected. 

kim_pei
on 3/31/15 4:51 am - Canada

I am so glad to hear you came ouot of surgery and are doing well!  Thanks for the update I was thinking about you....so glad to hear from you...Kim

Colleen_SJ
on 4/1/15 8:03 am

Thanks, everything has gone just as it should so far, I feel so lucky!

amandajean35
on 4/1/15 4:49 am - Canada

Congrats glad everything went good and you are feeling well

Colleen_SJ
on 4/2/15 8:42 pm

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/15 6:36 am - Oromocto, Canada

I hope your pain and nausea has gotten better!  You will only go up from here...or down in weight!  Congrats!

Colleen_SJ
on 4/1/15 8:00 am

Yes the nausea has gone and the pain is minimal now, I didn't even take any gravol or pain meds today. Going home tomorrow!

jndrake
on 4/2/15 3:03 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Wow, that's great. I wish I had stayed an extra night at the hospital in hindsight I was no where near ready to go after less than 24 hours post op but I didn't really know what to ask for or expect. Some people may have a good experience and some may have a more difficult one. I am happy to hear you are doing so well. 

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Colleen_SJ
on 4/2/15 8:38 pm

I don't understand why they sent you home after less than 24 hours - that doesn't seem normal. I can't see how they could be sure you were ready when you hadn't even had full liquids yet, not to mention all the other things they monitor. I had the surgery on Monday morning and was even still getting the Heparin injections right up until Thursday morning when I left. Did you have to give yourself the Heparin injections at home?

bigchris
on 4/2/15 4:57 am - Canada

welcome to the losing club hope you have a healthy and speedy recovery

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1049 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page