the dreaded 2 week liquid diet lol

kim_pei
on 5/13/15 4:24 pm - Canada

Hi everyone.  i am on my pre surgery liquid 2 week diet.  Because I was up a few pounds since my last visit last September I started 4 days prior and started on 800 cal premier protein to get a jump start.  I am on my 6th day of liquids and  I am struggling with an ache in my stomach since yesterday and a headache.  On the plus side I am down 7 pounds.  I have my weigh in on the 19th and praying i get down far enough. So in reality I am on an 18 day diet as they weren't happy about those extra few pounds.  This is tough and I am praying it gets better soon.

Jen J.
on 5/14/15 12:54 pm - Canada

Hi Kim...I signed my papers on October 3rd of last year which was the last time I was weighed and I have been stressing that I have gained since then.  If you don't mind me asking how many did you go up?  I know they have been very strict in Moncton about not gaining weight.  It has been hard not too over the course of the last 16 months since the initial visit!  Still waiting for my call

HW: 349 (July 2, 2015) Height: 5'3", Birthdate: March 19, 1974

VSG: July 24, 2015 Moncton, NB Canada -- Dr. Sylvain Beausoleil

CW: 194lbs, goal: 155lbs

kim_pei
on 5/14/15 1:14 pm - Canada

Hi Jen, 

I dieted for a month and went from 337 to 316...it's really hard for me to lose weight. When I went back  for my preop on the 7th I weighed in at 331...I had been drinking a ton of water and my monthly visitor was due. So I gained back the weight I lost and for about 5 minutes while they discussed it told me my surgery maybe cancelled.  So I am working this liquid diet like a mad woman. Dr B told me when I signed the paperson to stop dieting as it hasn't worked in the past just try to make better choices and healthy changes.  The monthly visitor will make a big difference and after almost 7 day it is slowly going down still sitting at the 7 pounds tho.

Jen J.
on 5/15/15 7:17 am - Canada

So from when you signed your papers back in September until you had your pre-op testing you had gained maybe 15 pounds or so and they were thinking they would possibly cancel your surgery??

HW: 349 (July 2, 2015) Height: 5'3", Birthdate: March 19, 1974

VSG: July 24, 2015 Moncton, NB Canada -- Dr. Sylvain Beausoleil

CW: 194lbs, goal: 155lbs

kim_pei
on 5/15/15 2:01 pm - Canada

Yup..8 months ago I was 316 at my signing day.  At my preop i was 331. She told me she needed to check if they would still let me go onto the diet and then came back and said I better do well on the 1 week liquid diet weigh in or my surgery would be cancelled.

Ellie333
on 5/17/15 2:56 pm - Canada

Hi Kim, I don't have fond memories of this stage of the process but just power through it, it will get easier.  You can do this, it sucks but it is worth it.  Drink tons of water and flush out all the crap in your system, you've got this!  I know that it does not feel that way but I promise you will look back and be glad you did it.  Remember thousands have gone through this and everyone felt the same way...just power through it!

better_life_ahead
on 5/17/15 5:40 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

hi kim, 

like i said, don't worry much about the weight. totally normal that people gains a few lbs, so much excitement, emotions questions, thinking you better eat now in case you can never eat again haha. i've been there. 

i don't know why they would treatned to cancel surgery for a few lbs, probably just to scare you. don't worry much, just follow the liquid diet and you'll do fine. :)

they just want to scare you enough to make sure you don't eat what your not suposed to during this 2 weeks process. it will get easier, and for a few weeks after surgery, you will probably feel that even if you don't eat the rest of your life, you'd be ok! LOL

i really wish i could go back to that stage!! enjoy every moment of this journey as time flies and you will be where you want to be before you know it! :) 

sorry i don't come here too often , but feel free to message me anytime!

Lcs1234
on 5/19/15 7:44 am

I agree they may be just trying to scare you, but I have found that what they want you to realize is that this isn't a magic wand and the weight won't magically disappear. The surgery is a tool to help you but we still have to make good eating  decisions after the surgery. I have lost 100 lbs and it's easier to make the right decisions now, but I still have to work at it every day. Good luck! ... it's all certainly worth it.

Tracy_B
on 5/25/15 11:32 am - Canada

Good luck for tomorrow Kim!!! 

Hope you will leave some news ;) and I will do the same!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1048 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views