Starting Shakes Tomorrow

WenNB
on 8/9/15 7:03 am

Starting the Boost drinks tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has had difference in energy levels. On vacation this week but back to work next and wondering if I'll have enough energy for working with just the Boost and water. Going from thousands of calories a day to 700 some will be an adjustment, just hoping I can get through my last week of work before surgery without feeling lethargic and shaky.

cathy2120
on 8/14/15 9:50 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

hi when was your first appt? and when is your operation? where are you from?

WenNB
on 8/14/15 10:02 am

My first appt was September last year in Bathurst. I go the 24th for my surgery. Live in Woodstock.

cathy2120
on 8/14/15 10:14 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

Why did it take so long?  Are you excited?  

WenNB
on 8/14/15 10:28 am

Not sure why it took this long, I wasn't really aware of how long the process would be. I am looking forward to having the surgery done, not so much the recovery period! I'd lost a significant amount of weight before but gained it back. Am hoping VSG will be a tool to not go back to old eating habits. So far so good but I do feel really hungry this week!

NadiaO
on 8/15/15 12:30 pm

Good luck !! I'm trying to prepare mentally for the boost weeks .. Keep us posted how things go :)

karasmom
on 8/15/15 5:57 pm

I was quite tired by the end of the seconded week but it wasn't as bad as I thought.  I was quite short on patience though. I took Ativan a couple of time during the second week to help stabilize my moods.

WenNB
on 8/16/15 9:23 am

Feeling weak and tire easily with activity at the end of this first week. I added the allowed vegetables on the 3rd day and it seemed to help the hunger a bit- who knew plain cucumbers or cabbage could taste so awesome ha ha! One more week, I can do this!

WenNB
on 8/20/15 5:52 am

First week not too bad, this week not good. Very weak, had to stop work due to almost fainting twice. Have lost 23 pounds in 10 days and get very weak after any activity. A little nervous about going into surgery so weak but hoping things straighten out. Still think this journey is a positive one despite going a little differently than I'd hoped!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1056 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1908 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1761 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1758 views